17. The Past

110 VOTES!

Vote karte ho toh comments bhi kar diya karo, Accha lagta hai.

Enjoy reading 𓆩♡𓆪

NAINA'S POV

"Check your schedule, Ms. Sahani. We had to visit the project site today. Remember?"

He mocked and my mouth turned into an O, when I remembered Mamta's faint voice telling me about the site visit.

I was so lost in his thoughts, since the morning that I could not really pay attention to any other work.

The images of him, pinning me against the table, are still clear in my head.

The confession, the closeness, the tension. Everything was just too much for me to handle at that time, but I still did not want that moment to end.

Does this mean that I have gone crazy? Probably yes. Definitely yes. But I am not complaining about it, though. I like it this way. The crazy way.

We soon reached the site while conversing and laughing about random things.

Getting off the car, our sight fell on the three managers of the architectural team, talking to the head architects.

We both moved towards them. And soon we were joined by Sarthak, Shobhit's brother, he greeted me with a polite smile, and I returned his gesture.

We have attended three meetings together but did not really talk to each other. Not even for once.

He looks like a cheerful guy, even when he is working. He is always smiling, talking, laughing and making jokes with all the colleagues.

He was actually not a part of this project until one and a half months back. But he became one after he left the HR department.

After discussing the needfuls, Sarthak stopped Shobhit to discuss something. And I decided to take a stroll alone and look at the labours doing their work.

I stood near the entrance of the area, near the pole of the company's billboard. Where a very few labours were working on making the road, as most of the work was being done by the machines.

I forced my eyes to look around and looked at the hundreds of workers and machine.

I chuckled at the fact that four months ago, I was working as a CEO for a cosmetic brand and now here I am discussing about roads and buildings.

I was about to walk further when I suddenly felt a hand grabbing my hip.

Instantly turning around, I looked at the culprit. There stood a man, who looked at me with the ugliest grin I have ever seen in my life.

He shamelessly eyed me from top to bottom and lifted his filthy hand to touch me again but before he could do so, I landed a tight slap across his disgusting face.

My palm started burning with the force I used. His face jerked to one side as the effect of the slap and a drop of blood came out of the scratch that was caused by my ring.

He looked back at me with anger.

What the hell is he angry about? Assaulting me?

He fisted his hand and was about to punch me, but I held his hand with one of my own and used the other one to dig my nails straight into his eyes.

I scratched his eyes and cheeks with my one hand. He used his other hand to hold mine, but I pushed him to the side, making him fall.

He screamed and clutched his shoulder in pain.