10. Are you okay?

Vote!!!

Enjoy Reading𓆩♡𓆪

Shobhit's POV

I entered the lift after her and pressed the button to the ground floor.

I thought Naina had already left to her home as it was past the office hours. But, I was wrong.

When she said that she wanted to bid me bye before leaving, a soothing warmth ran through my body and spread across my chest.

I had a very exhausting schedule today and my head is literally pounding with pain but the sight of her made me forget all the exhaustion and pain for a moment.

"Are you okay?"

Her sudden question dragged me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I am perfectly fine."

I lied with perfection.

"You don't really look that way, right now."

She said gesturing at my face.

I turned to the lift's mirror and stared at my reflection.

My face looked droopy, eyes had purple bags under them, hair tousled as an effect of constantly ranking my fingers through them and top two buttons of my shirt were undone. I practically looked like hell.

"You should not compromise with your health."

She voiced and I turned to her.

"I am fine. I just have a mild headache. Nothing serious. I will survive."

I lied again and gave her a reassuring smile but she did not seem interested in believing any of my things I said.

"Do you want a painkiller? I have one in my bag."

She said and took out the pill before I could even answer.

"Yes, please."

Though I have already taken a painkiller, I still took the pill from her hand.

I will take anything if she is the one offering it.

I rubbed a hand on my jaw eyeing the first thing she has given me and kept it in my pocket.

"Have your dinner first and then take the medicine, okay?"

She said as if she was talking to a child.

I smiled and nodded my head from side to side, making her smile.

I love it when she smiles especially when it's me who has put that beautiful little smile on her lips.

We reached the ground floor and headed outside the office. I was about to walk towards her car's parking spot but was stopped by her voice.

"You don't have to walk me till my car instead of that you should go home as soon as possible and take rest."

She kind of ordered me but still managed to look at me with concern.

"Okay. Good night, Naina."

I nodded my head in agreement as I was too tired do to anything else.

The painkiller I took did not seem to be doing its job. The thudding pain was spreading in the whole body and my head and legs were aching the most.

With each minute passing, it was getting hard to stand.

"Good night, take care."

She said and walked to her car whilst I dragged my body to my car.

Removing my coat, I settled in the backseat. I tipped my head back, placing it on the head rest.