21. Nightmare

125 VOTES!
Enjoy reading𓆩♡𓆪

NAINA'S POV

"NO!"

I opened my eyes with a jerk and sat straight in my bed.

My neck and chest were covered with a sheer layer of sweat and body felt hot like I was in the middle of the Sahara's.

I looked at the digital clock and it showed 2:37 a.m. I turned on the air conditioner even though Delhi's weather was shivering cold.

I had the same nightmare. Again.

I can't remember the last time I had the nightmare of that night. Maybe years ago.

Despite all my efforts, nothing worked to cool down my body. I stepped down from the bed and headed to the bathroom. Stripping off all my clothes, I stood inside the shower chamber and let the cold water wash off all the heat in my body.

I felt like crying, but the tears refused to come out. Resting my hand on the wall, I thought about the one thing that could help.

His protective arms around me. Strong and firm.

After an eternity, I turned off the shower and loosely tied the strings of the robe. I dried my body and hair. Wore an oversized shirt and jogger. And sat in the balcony looking at the silent surrounding.

Yesterday I was all happy, shy and nervous when we visited his family. And look at me now. Numb and damaged.

When will I be normal again?

I asked this question to myself after four years. And still I had no answer to it.

Sun rose soon and a new ray of hope and determination lightened inside me.

I will be okay. One day. For sure.

The disturbing but inevitable sound of birds and traffic filled my ears. And I stood up to get ready for work.

I stepped into the office at sharp 6:15 in the morning. Went to the canteen to grab a strong coffee. I need caffeine to take this sleep out of my eyes. I settled in my cabin and worked non-stop for hours until a knock interrupted me.

Its him. I know.

The door pushed open, and he entered, making the big lavish cabin look small.

I passed him a smile and he frowned looking at me from top to bottom.

"What happened to you?" His question confused me a bit.

"Nothing. I am good."

"No. You're not. Look at yourself. "

I looked at my reflection in the mirror work on the wall.

I had no eyes bags, no tired eyes, no droopy face, my makeup was on point. I looked just as usual. Beautiful.

"I look good."

I said and turned my face to him, who was now standing beside my chair.

"Is something bothering you, love?" He gently asked and grazed his thumb against my cheek. I couldn't help but to lean into his touch.

"Tell me." He added and grabbed my chin between his thumb and index finger.

My eyes flickered with some strange emotions and a lump formed in my throat. I nodded my head.

"I had a nightmare about that night." I admitted looking into his deep dark green eyes and his face visibly softened.

"Get up." He commanded in a deceptively calm voice and I obeyed.