14. Confession

100 VOTES!!!

Enjoy Reading𓆩♡𓆪

NAINA'S POV

It was breakfast time, and I was sitting with my family, but my mind was thinking about how much things have changed.

It had been two months since I shifted to my new workplace and the time there passed in a blink. Work, meetings, chatting, flirting, having coffee with him, meeting each other, going out for lunch. It was my new routine and I liked it.

Everything was going good until...

"Arjun, Naina is 28 now. I think it's time to get her married."

Dadu said and his words filled the room with absolute silence.

I stiffened in my seat. I could feel everyone's eyes on me but I did not dare to look up from my plate.

I knew that someday they will talk about my marriage but I didn't expect it to be today.

Gathering some courage, I looked up and my eyes met with bhai. He looked at me with an expressionless face, but his eyes held so much warmth for me.

"I will never send you away from me. When you will get married, I will convince your groom to stay with us."

His eight years old self's words echoed in my head. But he is not eight anymore. We are not kids anymore. We are grown adults who have understood the way society works.

"You are right."

Dad said after a long and loud silence. His voice was low and his fingers tight around the spoon.

"But bhai is elder than me. He should get married first."

I argued.

"No."

Bhai said.

"Why?"

I asked.

"Uh...that...umm. Actually, I like someone, but I haven't proposed yet."

"Then propose her. What's the problem?"

I said slightly raising my voice. And he hesitated before speaking.

"I...I can't. My business just started growing. I don't want to get married until I have a stable career and it will take some time. I can't take up someone's responsibilities when I am incompetent to fulfill them."

He gave a logical anwser but this is not the only reason why he denied for marriage. I know. There was something more than that. I could easily sense that he was upset about something, and was hiding it.

"He is right. His career is still unstable. He cannot get married. But, you are well settled in your field and this is a perfect age to get married as a woman, if we delay anymore then it will be hard to find a nice guy."

Dadi said and I just nodded.

They were right. I am in my late twenties. No matter what people said, but it is a fact that it's hard to find a partner after you cross a certain age.

"And you don't like anyone. Do you?"

Dadu asked.

I do.

I almost said it. Almost.

But do I... like him? Does he like me? We were both attracted to each other, that was obvious. And I wasn't a fool to deny it. But...does being attracted to him means that I like him? No. Not precisely.