Chapter Four

I got an earful, or rather, eyeful from Jasmine as well in the morning when I woke up and checked my messages. And being the motherhen she is, I had at least ten messages from her.

J : Are you crazy??

J : You got into a stranger's car??

J : Are you desperate??

J : Did you tell the counter your room door is not closed ??

J : You are really getting more and more brazen

J : We should ban you from solo trips

J : Or are you deliberately trying to get laid??

I couldn't stop laughing. I know she is just being concerned and worried about me. Of course I should be concerned for myself as well.

Anyway, when I head out, I remembered to drop by the concierge to tell them about my door. They apologized promptly and said they will instruct their housekeeping team accordingly.

This morning, I was feeling a little hungry. There was a C25 just outside the hotel so I went in to get a sandwich. Today I planned to go to the UNESCO site manjanggul cave. After that I planned to go to Seogwipo and explore the area which I missed out yesterday. When we passed by yesterday, it had looked like a nice place.

I was unwrapping my sandwich wrapper walking to the bus stop when I received a weChat text. I know because my Whatsapp notification is different sound.

Ken : Good morning.. Just wondering, what will you be doing today..

I nearly dropped my sandwich, then it will be one sandwich wasted.

A message from Ken? Early in the morning? Okay, technically it's not like crazy early, it was just nine in the morning, but still considered early. I was really surprised. And that he would text me.

Me : Good morning! Well, I'm planning to go to the unesco manjanggul cave 😃

Me : You?

Ken : I have no plans so that's why I'm asking what you'll be doing 😃

Me : Oh, haha

Ken : Are you leaving already?

Me : I'm on my way to the bus stop

Ken : If you don't mind waiting for a while, I can come and pick you up and go together

My heart skipped a beat. He wants to go with me?

Me : You want to go too?

Ken : I read about it, it was in my consideration

Me : Okay then, then I'll go get a drink first.

Ken : I'll take about twenty minutes

Me : No worries

Me : Do you want anything? A coffee?

Ken : If it is not too troublesome, can I have a black coffee?

Me : Sure! Hot or iced?

Ken : Hot

Me : Okay!

Ken : I'll contact you when I'm near

Me : Why not I wait for you at the bus stop? I'll pin you the location

Ken : Okay, that will be great

When I went in search for coffee, I still can't believe he actually contacted me.

I was searching for a cafe but there's none I could see in this neighbourhood, not even Paris Baguette.

After a further walk down, I finally found a small cafe selling coffee and tea and breakfast. I went in to get his black coffee and a hot tea for myself.