Chapter Twelve

I booked a day tour on Sunday. It was quite an impromptu thing and I was lucky they still have slots. I just turned up at the tour agent and asked if they have a day tour for the day and there was just one group waiting to leave. I quickly made the payment and joined them.

The tour consisted of eleven others, twelve in total including me, a family of five, a couple, four friends.

Because it was in a hurry, I didn't checked the itinerary. As long as it gets me back to Shanghai within the day, I don't really mind where.

We drove for about one hour and a half plus traffic to Suzhou. We were actually going out of Shanghai. That's fun. Not a bad idea actually since I'll be in Shanghai for four weeks and should have some time to explore locally. I hope I get to go to Disneyland one weekend..

On the way to Suzhou, the guide told us stories and history of the city. Han is a very guy in his forties but can be quite sarcastic at times. The teen boy from the family of five kept asking him questions, some silly as well, that's why Han answered him in a mean way. But still, he's just a boy, I felt he shouldn't be so mean.

We reached Suzhou around ten am, visiting the famous Lingering Garden, a must for all tourists. Lingering Garden is one of the top four Classical Gardens in China. It is also one important component of Suzhou Gardens which was a national scenic spot. As an ancient private garden, Lingering Garden symbolizes Qing Dynasty style and consummate art of buildings. We spent about an hour here before moving to Pingjiang road.It is a historical street which dates back to the South Song Dynasty. With well-preserved blocks, it acts as an epitome of ancient Suzhou. Walking in Pingjiang Road resembles stepping the daily life of people in old times. There's so much local snacks to be found here as well. Since lunch was not included, we had to settle our own lunch. I had a rice cake, a pan fried pork bun, and also yoghurt where the queue was quite long so I reckon it must be good and it was good.

Then we went to Tongli Ancient town which they call as the oriental Venice. Tongli is lined with streets and lanes alongside rivers, and numerous ancient bridges built in various dynasties. We were allowed to explore by ourselves for about an hour before meeting back at the rendezvous point. Fortunately the weather was quite cool today and it was nice walking around. After that we were brought to a silk factory, as part of business tourism hoping you would buy their products but the explanation of the process was pretty interesting. And then it was back to Shanghai.

We arrived back in Shanghai around six because of the traffic. I was quite tired out by the day trip, so I just packed a bowl of noodles back to the hotel, from a shop Ken recommended. I happened to pass by it and then remembered I saw it in his list, what luck.

Back in my room, I ate my noodles which was delicious. I took a photo and showed him. No reply from him. Then I went to have a good soak in the bathtub.

I brought my phone in with me so I was surfing Youtube and saw his latest Vlog.

He had an interview at eight pm. At four am, he set off from Ningbo. Then he arrived at Hangzhou at six am. Took a flight to Chengdu and arrived eleven am.
There he went to the campus for an event. The event was at four pm but he was already there by two to prepare. After that, he went for a fan signing event at six pm. Had another interview and headed back to the airport at nine pm. He could hardly keep his eyes open. Arrived in Beijing at one am. And his whole day started again with events and interviews..

Oh my gosh.. even just by looking at it, I am tired. How can anyone work like this?? My heart ached for him. So, I tried not to disturb him and let him find me when he is free.

I was lazing in bed, when his message came at eleven pm. I was about to sleep but when his message came I immediately sat up.

JCT : How was it?