Chapter Thirty-five

"I still can't believe it.." Eva shook her head. I chuckled. We were back at my favourite noodle shop for lunch. And because Sammi was not around, she's on leave, that's why Eva can brood about this conversation openly. "I'm so jealous!" The TV was showing an old episode of Hello Saturday again. I suspect whoever here either is a fan of JC or Dylan..

The server served us our noodles and we dug in.

"So - how do you address him?" she asked.

"Hmph, what do you mean?"

"Dear? Darling? Or, Jianci..?"

I laughed. "Is that important?"

"I'm curious."

Other than being able to talk about my boyfriend openly with Eva, the cons is, her teasing and ridiculous questions.

"Ei -"

"Seriously...!" she looked at me in disbelief.

"Haha - then what.." I laughed. "I call him by his name. But now to think of it.." I paused to ponder a moment. "I really hardly call him out.. didn't have to."

"So other than me, who else knows? Your family?"

I shook my head. "I haven't told my mum yet. I intend to introduce them when she visits in June," I answered. "Well, my two besties back home. His manager. And a couple of his co-workers," I shrugged. "Those he thinks can keep the secret."

"Does he intend to keep it a secret forever?"

"As long as possible I suppose. Besides, this is his privacy. He doesn't need to announce it to the whole world."

She gave me a look. "He does. Because of who he is."

"Anyway, it's not time yet. We are happy with the current status quo."

"How often do you see each other anyway, and I don't mean videocalls!"

"It depends on his work schedule. This time was at least four months. But I'm hoping that now it could be shorter.. it's easier to fly to him."

Then she suddenly grinned cheekily. "How is he like as a kisser? Is he good? Don't try to lie to me you guys haven't kiss - I won't believe it!" she folded her arms across her chest.

"Jeez, why do you have so many questions today?" I groaned. "I regret telling you my secret." She chuckled. I rolled my eyes. "I'm not sharing this info with you."

"Haha! But I bet he's a good kisser."

"How would you know?" I asked.

"I just know," she winked.

Just then my phone rang. It was him. He had returned to Beijing on Sunday morning, to finish his work and also to pack. I can't believe our trip is just next week.

"Hi darling!" I deliberately call him that in front of Eva. She raised an eyebrow at me.

There was a slight pause before he answered. "Hi..? What was that..?" he asked.

"Haha - Eva is curious how we call each other," I chuckled.

He chuckled. "She's there? Say hi to her."

"He says hi," I told her.

"Hi."

"She says hi back," I told him.

He chuckled. "Having lunch?"

"Just finished. You?"

"Waiting for my delivery."