Chapter Forty-one

When I woke up in the morning, he was gone. I haven't even heard him at all. And I woke up at eight-plus. 

And for the first time, he didn't make me any breakfast. And it wasn't because I had nothing in my fridge. He simply didn't. And when I checked my phone, there was no message from him either. 

He's really upset. 

But I didn't text him either. I guess, my pride and ego decided that I would play the game with him. 

I didn't ask him if he got to Suzhou safely. I didn't ask him if he had taken his breakfast or lunch. I just didn't text him anything. 

Neither did he. 

I went to the studio with Jia Zheng after we had lunch together. One of the members was celebrating her birthday. Actually, it was the rest of us who threw her a surprise birthday party. I had dinner at the studio and then Jia Zheng dropped me back at the apartment before he went back to the hospital for some impromptu work. And that was Sunday. Still no text from him. I think we are officially on a cold war.

Monday I went to work as usual. Sammi came to my desk excitedly, showing me a song just released by JC and Yang Zi.

"Have you heard this song?" she asked more so to Eva than me actually.

Eva shook her head.

"It's just freshly out from the oven thirty minutes ago!" Sammi chuckled.

"Did you know?" Eva asked me. Of course she was asking with a different direction.

I shook my head. I was a little upset that he didn't even mention it. Of course, given yesterday's circumstance, maybe he was too upset to mention it but he never mentioned it before. I'm sure this was recorded weeks before. Maybe he didn't think it was important to mention? But he always tells me everything, or so I think.

We listened to the song together. But as I'm a base head and always listens to my music super loudly, I plugged in my earbuds later and listen to it once more.

As expected of him, he's a great singer and did a great job. In my opinion, Yang Zi's not a fantastic singer but she's okay. He made the song nice. Overall it was a nice song.

I'm still upset he didn't mention it to me.

I pmed Eva on Skype.

Me : I think we are having a cold war..

Eva : How come?

Me : He came last evening and left this morning. We haven't text each other since.

Eva : How come? What happened yesterday?

Me : We went to Jia Zheng's house for dinner. I think he got a little upset.

Eva : Is he jealous? tsktsk

Me : I suspect so

Eva : It's understandable. You should reassure him, pacify him

Me : But he said, if he knew earlier, he might not have dated..

Eva : Huh?

Me : He asked Jia Zheng if he has a gf, he said no. He said, knowing that he has no time, it wouldn't be fair to the girlfriend

Me : Then, later, JC said, well if he knew, maybe he wouldn't date too..

Eva : Huh? Gosh, why does it sound like Jia Zheng said it deliberately..

Me : Well..

Eva : JC really say that?

Me : Not exactly.. but he implied it.. like he regretted going into a relationship