Chapter Twenty-eight

Four weeks had felt like a long time while I was away yet it had felt so short when I was there.

Life was back to normal, almost. The only change was I now have a boyfriend but that doesn't change anything because I don't have a date to look forward to after work, or weekends to look forward to since my boyfriend is not here. I can only look forward to his texts and calls.

He generally goes to work at six. What time he finish work depends on his schedule for the day.

He left Beijing on Tuesday for his four months drama shooting in Fuzhou. Fuzhou is a coastal city and also known for its mountain splendour. Fuzhou is also home to one of the largest historic districts in China, with more than two hundred Ming and Qing dynasty buildings and many important Buddhist temples. It's also known for its mild seafood-heavy cuisine, refined tea culture, and distinctive handicrafts. I'm slowly to get to know each city and their distinct characteristics. There's so much to explore.

He sent me pics, tells me about his day and work, and likewise I did the same, except I feel like mine wasn't half as interesting as his. But he feels mine was more interesting than his. I guess the grass is always greener elsewhere.

I came up with a plan for my weekends. I decided to showcase my dear little city to him since I highly doubt he will ever make it here.

I 'brought' him to Sentosa, to the famous Marina Bay Sands, to Orchard Road, to the different cafes. It also gave me something to do, and to get my own city all over again. I even joined the local tours and learn about the history and heritage.

Esme gave birth to a healthy big sized boy whom she named Dominic. So sometimes on the weekends, I also go over to her place and play with the two older girls.

"So - still going strong?" she would tease me.

"Are you waiting to see us break up?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"How long has it been anyway?"

"Three months?" It has been two months since I came back from Shanghai.

"Aww still honeymoon period," she waved her hand.

"How long has it been for yours?" I grinned.

"Us? Ten years? I think.."

"Goodness.."

"Once you are married, you lose count. Time just fly past.." she chuckled.

""When I get there.. that is.." I remarked.

"Are you not thinking about getting there?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Jeez.. it's only been three months.." I groaned.

"Actually, how is it like to date a celebrity?"

"You need to be really independent," I chuckled. "And super flexible."

"Flexible?"

"I mean, you can't be a clingy girlfriend and you cannot expect him to be spending time with you every day or weekend or your birthday or public holidays. Sometimes he goes MIA too. You have to work around his schedule."

He's busy with filming now. Sometimes he can be free for a few days or hours if it's not his scenes. But if he's filming, he can go hours without texting or calls though he would also try to sneak in one or two texts like good morning and good night, that's all. And I think I sort of got used to that. I no longer held on to my phone and waiting for his texts. If it comes, I smile. If it doesn't I just continue my life.

"Sounds kind of sad."

"That's his job.." I shrugged. Previously I did think to ask to relocate to Shanghai to be nearer to him. But he's based in Beijing. Shanghai is about two hours flight away. That doesn't make it any much nearer. And he's not always in Beijing. I wonder how celebrity couples survive.. I reckon they arrange their schedules.