Chapter Twenty-five

I wriggled my toes. And I felt the soft breathing in front of my face.

I opened my eyes, and saw my boyfriend's angelic sleeping face as he sleeps soundly beside me.

I smiled. It was the first time I woke up to his face. Every morning when I woke up, he would already been gone, leaving behind an empty side of the bed and a breakfast for me.

I gazed at his sleeping face, how peaceful and beauriful he looks. How can anyone have such sharp defined features.. Only celebrities and models I suppose. That's why they got the job.

He has such thick black defined eyebrows. Eyes that are not so big.. a high nose bridge.. thin lips.. small mouth.. that kisses so well.. a clean defined neck and sharp jawline, so handsome.. and his skin.. how on earth did I earn such a boyfriend.. it's my blessing I must say.

He breathed a deep breath as he slowly flickered his eyes open. I did not turn away. I just smiled at him.

He smiled back.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Because you are so beautiful."

"You are more beautiful."

"I'm not."

"The best part is waking up to see the face of the person I love," he smiled again.

"This is the first time I woke up with you still beside me," I told him.

"Ya.."

He lifted his hand and slowly brushed away strands of hair over my eyes, tucking it behind my ear.

"I need to get a haircut soon.." I said.

"What kind of hair style are you going to get?"

"Just a short trim."

"I'll have a trim too.. soon.. for the new drama."

"Are you excited about it.. the new drama..?"

"Hmph.. I don't know to call it excited or not.. but I'm looking forward to it." Then he let out a groan. "But now, I'm not looking forward to get out of bed."

I chuckled. "Me too."

We eventually did made it out of the bed.

Then he ordered a breakfast delivery. A local breakfast that I should try, he said.

He ordered steamed buns, jianbing ( a kind of fried pancake ), miancha (rice flour porridge ) and fermented bean juice. This was the smell when I walked through the snacks street at Wangfujing and wondered what's the disgusting sour smell.. I can smell it as soon as it got through the door. I tried not to pinch my nose.

He laughed, seeing my reaction.

"This is one dish you need to try, otherwise you would not have deem to come to Beijing."

"What is it exactly?" I asked.

"It is is a drink made from fermented mung bean lees, a byproduct of the production of mung bean noodles with a sour, distinctive taste. It is believed to have health-giving properties."

"Argh.." Health giving properties? I'm doubtful about that part.

We sat down for breakfast because he had to go soon.

Everything was good except for that weird bean drink. Even after I put my favourite dough sticks into it, it didn't help. He admitted that it's not his favourite food as well.

"Then why did you intro it... argh.."

He chuckled. "Because it's Beijing known dish."

"Argh.."