Chapter Twenty

Whoever say it is romantic to be sleeping in each other's arms must be a lunatic or else a dead log. It is the most uncomfortable position to be in! I think I hardly slept well because I was so conscious about every movement I made and could disturb him. I'm not a light sleeper but yet I was so conscious about it. Every breath I take - if I snore, and if I even fart, I think I must have held my breath through the night.. 

I usually sleep like a star, spread out. To be confined and restricted to his arms, though it's very loved and warm (actually a tad too warm for me), I really felt very uncomfortable. 

When I woke up in the morning because the sun was shining in and brightly, he was long gone. The bed felt cold beside me. I haven't even woke up when he got up. I totally slept through it. I must be so tired.. 

I reached for my handphone, then realized I left it outside last night when he asked me to come in to dry my hair. I looked at the small clock by the bedside - nine fifty. Damn, I'm such a sleepyhead! I jumped out of bed, tidied the bedsheets, folded the blanket nicely and patted the pillows, I still can smell him. 

I went to take a shower. 

He had made breakfast for me just like yesterday. I felt so guilty. He had to get up so early for work and still made breakfast for me while I was sleeping away. And as I packed through my buys yesterday, I realised I forgot to give him the wrist band. 

Today his note wrote, Have a great day today~ I've left an access card for you so you can get back in easily, Love, Jianci. Awww so sweet, if he's here I would have kissed him left right up and down! 

I texted him nevertheless, regardless he busy or not. 

Me : Thanks for your breakfast again ~ I feel so guilty now.. I didn't even wake up when you left this morning...! I slept like a pig xx

I was surprised he text me back almost immediately.

JC : You were tired ~ 

JC : It's okay - it's my privilege, to be your loving boyfriend :-) 

Me : You are spoiling me...! 

JC : tsk tsk 

Me : Are you not busy now?

JC : Texting under the table

Me : Jeez... okay, I'm going out soon, ttyl 

JC : Where will you be going today?

Me : I'm thinking Wangfujing 

JC : Ah.. have fun 

In the end I decided to visit the temple of Heaven first. Just the park outside the temple was so big that it took me so long to get to the temple itself. 

I am not a Chinese history lover and I never did well in my history class back in school. But standing before the Circular Mound Altar, at the bottom of the steps looking up, it was indeed very impressive. I cannot fathom how much history lies in this place, how many emperors and ancestors have walked this place. 

Out of my expectation, I spent nearly the entire afternoon exploring this place, looking through every relic, reading every information tablet, soaking up decades or is it centuries of history. 

By the time I got to Wangfujing, it was nearly evening. I was so hungry so I went in search for food first. And there were so much local street snacks to choose from. But many were too much for me... looks strange, exotic, smells weird and unusual... in the end I stick to a pea cake, a steamed rice cake and my favourite stinky tofu - that's probably the most adventurous I can get. 

Other than snacks, this place is good for shopping, plenty of shops and malls. I'm not usually a shopping person but occasionally I like to window shop and browse through the latest fashion. I ended up buying a tee-shirt, a pair of shoes because this brand cannot be found back home, and a bag.