Chapter Forty-four

I took one day leave for Monday but we left on Sunday afternoon after both of us finished our recording. Jia Zheng drove. 

I text Zhu-jie that I would be arriving in the evening. 

Zhu : He's working overnight again today, so you won't be able to meet him 

Zhu : But he could finish early morning.. maybe you can drop by his place.. discretely.. I can pick you up 

Me : Thank you so much! 

Zhu : I'll text you again in the morning to confirm, how long will you be in Suzhou? 

Me : I plan to return tomorrow evening

Jia Zheng will be here for the entire week but I don't intend to stay for the whole week. I still have to go back to work, though I suspect I might be able to sneak off with working-from-home here.. 

Zhu : Okay, I'll let you know again 

So since I won't be meeting JC today, and Jia Zheng's seminar is not until tomorrow, he took me to a local well-known restaurant. But I had no appetite and mood. Plus I was also having my period so I was very tired and uncomfortable. I was also worried that I might be recognized so I didn't dare to take off my mask. In the end, he ordered takeaway and we went back to the hotel to eat. 

After dinner, he went back to his room to let me have the privacy to rest. 

I was tired but not sleepy yet, so I lazed in bed watching TV. And coincidentally, they were airing his last drama with Zhou Ye. So I watched it. 

It had to be a kissing episode. 

I can't tell if they can be consider a good match or not. For one, she is young, much younger than him. He's like with a younger sister. But love has no age boundary right? She likes him and had even confessed to him. I don't know exactly how he turned her down and how she reacted. 

Anyway, he's everywhere. During the commercial breaks, there were his ads. After the drama ended, it was some variety show where I didn't recognize anyone so I changed channel and ended up with another drama of his, this time with Yang Zi. Gosh, he really is everywhere.. 

I finally went to sleep at around eleven plus. 

* * * 

I woke up at seven-ish because I was afraid to oversleep. Jia Zheng texted me if I wanted breakfast, I told him I wanted to sleep in so he went ahead. He had to go for his seminar at eight. 

I received Zhu-jie's text at eight. 

Zhu : We just wrapped up and he's heading back to the apartment. 

Zhu : But I think let him take a nap first before you come over

Me : When does he have to go in again? 

Zhu : Tonight

Me : Okay

Zhu : How about I fetch you around two? I think he should be up by then

Me : Sure

Me : Actually I can get there myself too if you let me know the address

Zhu : There are plenty of paparazzi around so I think it's better I take you

Me : Okay

Better listen to the expert. 

Since she's only going to pick me up at two, so I went for a late breakfast. I was just in time before the breakfast buffet closes. And I wasn't the only one rushing for breakfast either.