Chapter Thirty-three

Sammi and Eva were of course happy to see me again, but honestly I'm not sure if deep down inside they might not be because they had been so 'free' and independent by themselves without a boss here and then suddenly a senior is being sent here like to 'watch' them -- I hope they don't think like that.. 

"So - is your boyfriend very happy that you moved to Shanghai for him?" Sammi teased. I've told them the truth, that I asked to move here because I wanted to be closer to my boyfriend. 

Frankly, now that I think of it, I think JC hadn't been overly excited about it, at least not as to what I expected. If it's anything, he had been overly worried and overly protective and controlling, in a sense. 

I frowned. "Actually, to think of it, I think he wasn't as happy as I thought he might be," he admitted.

Eva chuckled. "That's because, now that you are nearer, he worries that you might be keeping a closer eye on him!" 

"Eh?" I raised an eyebrow. "How could that be? Besides, we are still not near enough. He's based in Beijing and that's still three hours away.." I pointed out. "But no - I mean, when I told him I'm moving to Shanghai, he was like, why didn't you tell me earlier - why didn't I consult him about my apartment - blah blah, he's like overly worried."

"He's worried about you," Sammi gushed. "That's so sweet!"

"Ya - but I'm not a kid. And it's not my first time in Shanghai.."

"He's just worried about you," Eva smiled. 

"Jeez.. I'm a little irritated to be honest."

"Women are so troublesome," Eva joked. "If our boyfriends don't show concern, we say they don't care. But if they care too much, we say they are over-controlling!"

I laughed. "That's true!" 

"Anyway, how long do you plan to be here? Permanently?" Sammi winked. "I mean, if you eventually get married, you will stay here right? But he's in Beijing.. will he consider to move to Shanghai instead?" 

I shrugged. "We haven't talked about that. Marriage is still like a topic far away."

"How long have you guys been together?"

"Coming to a year soon." 

"Waw, planning anything special for your one year anniversary?" 

"We are planning for a trip together," I grinned. 

"That's so romantic..." Sammi gushed again. "Where are you planning to go?" 

"I was thinking of Iceland."

"Iceland? Why Iceland?" she seemed surprised. 

"Ya..." Eva also asked. "I thought people usually go US or Europe."

I smiled. "We wanted something different, away from the crowd." Actually the real reason was of course because of his status. The more private, the better for us. 

"Are you going to chase the northern lights?" Sammi piped.

I grinned. "I want to but I think it might not be the season." 

"How long will you be there?" 

"Two weeks estimate."

"High chance I'll say. Just camp at the area," she chuckled. I chuckled too. Anyway, after much chit-chat it was time to get back to work. We can go on and talk for the whole day but the other team people would be staring at us.. 

We catch up more during lunch time when we went to one of my favourite noodle place across our building. They cannot understand why I like it so much but nevertheless they very accommodatingly went with me. And it so happens that they were playing an old episode of Hello Saturday where JC and Dylan were casted.