Chapter Ten

Jasmine canceled on us again.

Jas : Sorry sorry!

Jas : My pregnant colleague suddenly not feeling well so I have to cover her for this week!

That means I still have to continue keeping those souvenirs. Anyway, Clare was sick so Esme can't make it too.

These days, I'm going home on time.

I have been to Spotlight, that's the handicrafts store I go to, on the way home from work, and bought even more yarns and now my study desk was full of yarns and hooks. My mom started nagging at me again.

I was just clearing up, feeling grouchy when he messaged me. He had a day off on Tuesday and then back to work again on Wednesday. He had to attend to a ad filming. I wonder which celebrity he was working with this week, but I suspect even if he tells me I wouldn't know.

Me : My mom is nagging at me again

I finally got to complaining to him about my mom. I am so sick and tired of my mom's mood swings that I really need an avenue to rant. And he willingly listened.

Ken : What is she upset about this time?

Me : My yarns, she says my table is extremely messy

Then I took a picture and showed him.

Me : Do you think it's messy?

Ken : Lol, my table is messier

Me : 😞

Ken : Maybe just pack up a little or squeeze them all into the drawer 😅

Ken : How's your crochet coming to these days?

Me : I've finished the other bootie but.. one is bigger than the other.. I think I have to redo it

Ken : lol

Ken : After you finish with this project.. what are you going to do?

Me : I still have a long way to go.. after the bootie, socks, mittens, beanie, and a blanket, and if possible I want to make a wrap too

Ken : Wow, sounds like a lot

Me : But it keeps me occupied so I am happy 😁

Ken : 👍🏻

Ken : When you are done, can you make me a shawl too haha, make a good thick one for winter

Me : Haha okay

Me : Is it still cold there?

I read in the news, even though it was already May, it was still quite chilly.

Ken : It's not so cold today. Yesterday was really cold.

Me : I can't tolerate cold but I don't like hot either.. it's hot and humid here

Ken : Have you seen snow before?

Me : Yes, in Japan many years back

Me : I quite like winter, I think it's whimsical

Ken : haha, then come and visit in winter

I didn't mention it to him but now I'm seriously considering the possibility of vacationing China. Esme and Jasmine will surely say I'm crazy.

These days, other than crochet, I'm just talking to him. Like he said, he replies me whenever he could. We talked about random stuff, recipes, the weather, people, lousy colleagues, irritating bosses and of course, my mom.

Me : I mean I understand, I try to understand, it's hard to support the fanily all by herself and she's stressed, but, her temperaments are really crazy. I'm so stressed because of her. One minute she's happy and smiling, next minute she's throwing things and not talking. We cannot predict at all!