Chapter Thirty-one

I started looking at apartments in Shanghai, somewhere nearby the office so that I don't spend too much on transport. I did found some within my budget around two thousand a month, leaving me with still enough to spend. I was debating between one bedroom or two bedrooms. I don't really need two bedrooms. Only when I have guests, like maybe friends or family, but I suspect that might be very rare. And I'll have a bigger place to clean up. So I decided to get a one bedroom which ended up with a monthly rental of good one thousand half.

The first person I told the good news to was not JC. In fact he was the last person I told.

The first person, or persons I told to were of course Esme and Jasmine.

Jas : So we can go visit you?

Me : Of course!

Next was my sis. Then my mum.

"When are you going?" my mum asked.

"After Chinese New Year," I told her.

"Okay." She seemed happy with my reply. But then one week later she was grumbling why I didn't choose to go earlier so that she can 'escape' CNY visitation. She hates those customs and traditions. But I don't think it'll be a good time to be in China during the festive period. Everywhere will be closed and it'll be so cold.

JC will be filming through the festive period though he will get a few days off to go home.

Like he had pre-warned me, since the start of his filming of this drama, videos and gossips were going viral online. Apparently he had worked with this actress Zhou Ye before. I remembered her now. I ever watched before a period with her and quite liked her. She's young, in her twenties. So JC would be like a big brother to her. I don't know if she fancies older guys.. Anyway, so, news were viral, probing if there's any possibility of sparks and romance. They seemed to click well. I saw on the bts (behind-the-scenes). And someone even managed to record a kissing scene. Jeez..

I was debating if I should watch his kissing scenes. It's not as if I haven't seen it before but that was before we started dating. And like he said, this is really one and first drama whereby he has so many kissing scenes. Goodness.. even thinking of it caused my hair to stand. No wonder some celebs say they don't watch their other halves' dramas.

When I told him that I will be moving to Shanghai after CNY one week before CNY, instead of being excited, he got upset...! I was totally shocked..

"When did you know..?" he had called me immediately after I texted him though it was middle of the afternoon.

"Aren't you busy?" I asked instead.

"Doesn't matter. Answer me first. When did you know?"

"I had a chat with my bosses before Christmas and I sort of asked if I can work in Shanghai office -"

"For how long?"

"A year or two.. Why.. are you so upset?"

"You knew since last month but you only tell me now?"

"I wanted everything to confirm first before I tell you.. So last week I finally got my working visa approved and settled on my accommodation -"

"You found a place already?"

"Yes -"

"How much?" he kept interrupting me which was not his usual style.

"About seven thousand yuan -"

"Where?"

"Near Zhongshan Road." He finally stopped interrupting me. "Are you upset?"

"Yes," he let out a deep sigh.