Chapter Eleven

I didn't confront him. I let him keep his secret. He must have his reasons for not telling me honestly who he is. Maybe he's worried I could be a scam. And there I was still worried he could be a scam. I wonder even, if this number is his real number or a dummy number he use.

I started following his Weibo. Probably an official one managed by his agency. I purposely set up a Weibo account just to follow him.

I watched his official Youtube channel as well. The movie event he said, turns out to be his own movie, 'I love you'. It's not showing on our cinemas so I can only wait for it to appear on online streaming channels.

And for the first time ever, I started watching his shows. On netflix - Lost you forever kept turning up. I didn't even notice that the picture was of him. He looked so different. He was in a white period gown, white silvery long hair, skin so pale like a vampire, anyway he's supposed to be a demon in the drama. That drama had came out last year, no longer a hype. I'm already behind time. His next drama Love me Love my voice also came out last year. Suddenly I had to binge watch two dramas. My sister was surprised at me watching chinese dramas for sure.

Now that I know that he is actor Tan Jian Ci, though I have not confirmed with him, I don't think that's necessary anyway.. I find it awkward to chat with him. It's just me. I can just continue on as it is but I can't, knowing who he is. I have so many thoughts in my head. Why would he be interested to chat with me? Was he being genuine with me or he's just making it all up? Why.. why was he talking to me?

Maybe, because I'm far, far away. Maybe because I don't know him. But with social media and TV and whatnot, does he really think I won't ever find out? And does he want me to find out in the first place? I still don't understand why he would talk to me. I have so many questions in my head and I felt like, my head was exploding.

Anyway, for the next few days, he didn't text me. I saw him on social media instead. Now his songs are my favourite playlist and I'm binge watching his dramas.

I was called into my manager's office on Thursday morning. I was surprised. I haven't done anything wrong, have I?

"Good morning Casey."

"Hi JB." Short for Jonathan Button. But we all call him JB.

"How long have you been with us?"

Why so random..

"Three years.."

"You know we have just started a new team in our Shanghai office."

Yes..

"The team is new there, and they need some guidance with the system there and how our operation works.."

Ah huh..

"We'd like you to go over there for, say about a month, to help them settle in. What do you think?"

Oh my god... a business trip, a temporary relocation.. one month.. what do I say? Of course I'll go!

I can see why they asked me, because Melly though our team leader, is a non chinese, Kelvin can't leave because his wife is pregnant, Eka is just one year here so it's me.

"Okay.. how big is that team?"

"Not big, just two operators for now."

"When should I go?"

"They will be starting next month, so next month, maybe you can go in just a day or two earlier than them."

"Okay.."

"You can arrange with Winnie the logistics."

"Okay.." Winnie's our admin lady.

"While you are there, you can go meet some of our clients too, visit the mines too. Tom and I will also take a few days to visit. Maybe a week."