Explanations

JASON'S POV

  Hi. My name's Jason Peter Todd, and you can call me Red Hood, Jason, or whatever. I don't care, but I was the 2nd Robin. I had a rough past, you could say... Things didn't turn out too well for my parents. Even Shiela, whom I learned was my actual mother much too late. Also, I was just a kid when Batman found me trying to steal tires off the Batmobile. Batman actually ended up taking me in, though.
  Despite what you might think, I actually felt good about moving in with the infamous playboy billionaire, Bruce Wayne. It was hard getting used to people caring for me, because I had always been on my own. If I wanted to survive the next night, I had to be careful of every choice I made.

  As the years went on, I came to know Bruce, as a guardian, and Alfred, as a longtime friend. However, my luck turned ran out after I was betrayed by my own mother and killed by the Joker. I was resurrected by Talia al Ghūl, the daughter of Rā's al Ghūl.
  Maybe, I owed Talia and Rā's my life. I was never good at these types of things, but Bruce betrayed me and left me to die. I thought he cared enough to come save me himself, but he didn't. I did miss the family, but I'd never be allowed back at Wayne Manor, not after everything I had done.

  There was one person I cared about, but my memories were still hazy. My memories came and went. Some nightmares. Some memorable moments, but I remembered this girl being my everything. She was my best friend. She had long black hair and brown eyes, yet she was also African American. God, she was one of the most beautiful girls I had ever known.

  Any time I needed help or even a second opinion, she was there. I didn't realize till it was too late that I loved her, that I would do anything for her.

  Maybe I could see her, but not like this? Maybe I should change first? Maybe-

  NO, SHE WOULDN'T BE INTERESTED IN A MAN LIKE ME!

  I mean, I made a good point. Maybe it was true, but I still wanted to see her more than anything.

  I stood tall, and when I finally stopped arguing with myself, I said,"I'll go see her after I return from patrolling the South Side of Gotham."