Captured

JASON'S POV

  I was starting to get worried. Karry hasn't come back from the bathroom yet, and no one took this long to go to the bathroom. Maybe it's a girl's thing? No that couldn't be it. She wasn't acting off or crying uncontrollably. I gave her 5 more minutes before I told everyone to search the Manor. Unfortunately, Karry was nowhere to be found, which was why she hasn't returned to me yet. Oh, no. She's in trouble. I knew I should've gone with her; this was all my fault.

  Bruce walked up to me and said,"There's no time for worrying, Jason. We need to find Karry. We can't lose her, so suit up and meet me in the Batcave."

  I nodded and suited up. Bruce called everyone into the Batcave, and we started trying to follow up with the only leads we had on who could've taken Karry. Regardless, whoever took her was going to pay for taking MY Girl.

   KARRY'S POV

  Of course, I woke up in a dark room. However, I realized that my wrists were tied down to the ends of the chair, while my legs and arms were chained to the opposite ends of the chair. Great, how was I supposed to escape from this? Right, that probably was the point. Instantly, I observed my surroundings. I appeared to be in a room filled with advanced technology and what appeared to be a pit. It looked like it was being controlled by something. I wondered what that was for.

  There seemed to be ninjas guarding the door as well, so I wasn't even going to try to fight my way out of this one, knowing I would be killed in less than a few seconds. I pondered about my current situation, until a woman and a man appeared from behind the door.
  The woman was beautiful, yet I noticed something very familiar about her. She looked just like Damian. This couldn't have been his mother, right? I made a mental note to get to know him better. Yet, the man's posture was perfect, and he was intimidating. I didn't even know anything about him yet, but there was something in the way he carried himself.

  They both caught me staring before the woman said to me,"Welcome, Karry, to The League of Shadows. We have brought you here with great purpose. I have no intention of killing you, but I cannot promise you won't get hurt."

  I cringed at the thought and asked,"Well, why did you bring me here?"

  The man smiled and said,"To let you know of your "significant other" and to destroy Bruce Wayne. We will do that by challenging everything he stands for for not taking his place in the League."

  I sighed and asked the man,"What "significant other" and how do you know about Bruce Wayne?"

  He just gave me a look before he answered,"We know about Bruce Wayne being Batman and Jason Todd being your boyfriend. I am Rā's al Ghūl and this is my daughter, Talia al Ghūl."

  I've always heard rumors about them, but I never actually thought they existed. It all made some sense to me now, especially given my current situation.

  Talia noticed my silent reaction and asked me,"Well, how's Beloved and my son?"

  I scoffed and said,"By "Beloved," I'm guessing you mean Bruce? Talia, why would I tell you anything about Bruce, knowing you'll try to hurt him even more than you already have by holding me hostage. Don't even get me started on Damian. He has had enough issues since you just left him with Bruce. On top of that, you don't even come over to see him. Because of that, he has come to me many times crying about how his mother won't even visit him. Also, he has mentioned that he looks to me to do what you've failed to do."

  Talia looked hurt, but that hurt was quickly replaced by anger.

  Talia yelled,"SHOW HER NO MERCY!!"

  Suddenly, many ninjas headed towards me. Now, I regret saying anything at all. I tried to fight back, but there's no use. I prepared for the pain; however, it turned out to be much worse than I could have ever imagined.

  In a few minutes, the pain was too overbearing to the point that I ended up passing out.

   JASON'S POV

  It had been 2 days and none of our leads have gotten us anywhere. I was worried sick about my girl. What if something happened to her? What if she's already dead? No, she couldn't be. I shook the thoughts out of my head and raced down to the Batcave. Everyone was just as worried as I was, so whoever had her better watch out for the Bat-family, because the pain was coming.

  Damian suggested we use the security cameras, which I'm not sure how any of us didn't suggest that first or previously. Anyway, using his suggestion, we looked through the surveillance footage from the party and watched Karry closely. Eventually, she turned the corner, but someone was watching her from afar. They appeared to be wearing a suit, but we couldn't get close enough to see their face. I worked my magic and saw the person. It was one of Rā's assassins. I was going to kill him. Quickly, Bruce came up with the plan, while we searched for this guy.

  Hold on, baby. We're coming.