Redemption

JASON'S POV

  After Richard convinced me that Bruce and Karry would be happy to see me, he then led me down to the Batcave through the old clock, which I remembered being in possession of Bruce's parents. That wasn't the only thing I remembered about the Batcave, though. I remembered arguing with Bruce about shattering a guy's collarbone and scaring him out of talking. The old me would've been angry and walked out, but the new me was going to make things right.
  As we made it to the end of the stairs, I noticed Bruce was sitting down in his chair. He was probably brooding about the different leads he had on the case with Gordon. I also saw Barbara and... Karry talking in the distance, but they were too far away for me to call out to them.

  Dick called Bruce's name, and Bruce turned around. He was very shocked, but then he just looked... defeated.

  For the first time, I saw Bruce with tears in his eyes. The fact that he was tearing up because of me only made the nervous feeling and the anxiety go away. I smiled at him and walked towards him.

  When Bruce reached me, he pulled me into a hug, asking me,"Jason, is it really you?"

  I hugged him back and said,"Yes, it's me, Dad. I'm sorry about everything I did to you."

  He smiled at me calling him "Dad" and said,"No Jason, it's all right. You didn't know what you were doing. You couldn't control it, but I'm sorry for not making it in time."

  I looked at him and said,"I know now you did try to save me, so there's no need to apologize. As long as you forgive me, too?"

  Bruce nodded and smiled warmly at me saying,"Of course, I forgive you. I hope you're staying at Wayne Manor and not leaving us?"

  I replied,"Yes, I'm staying. Don't worry. You told Karry I was back?"

  Bruce smiled and nodded,"Yes, she got here as soon as she could. She didn't believe me at first, so it took some convincing. Hopefully, this time you'll tell her about how you really feel about her."

  Pure shock was clearly written on my face as I asked Bruce,"How did you know that?"

  Bruce replied with a cocky tone,"I was your guardian, right? I know everything. I'm Batman."

  I just smiled before I told him I would see him at dinner, and he said,"Okay, good luck, son."

  Next, I made my way towards Barbara and Karry. Karry looked even more beautiful than I remembered.

  Barbara ran up to me saying,"I knew you would come home!!"

  I smiled and talked to her for a minute. 

  When Barbara and I finished talking, she said her goodbyes to Karry before Barb whispered into my ear,"Go get her, Jay!!"

  Barb left quickly, so I could talk to Karry alone. I knew Bruce probably realized I had feelings for Karry years ago, but at least he was okay with letting me fix things on my own.
  I got so lost in my own thoughts that it took me a minute to realize Karry was hugging me.

  I laughed then smirked, asking her,"Did you miss me that much, babe?"

  Karry laughed and smiled brightly before she said,"Of course, I did. You were gone, Jay, so I thought you were never going to come back. When I first heard that you had died, I couldn't be by myself. Because of that, Bruce asked me to stay here with him, Alfred, and Dick. I know Bruce asked me to stay, so he could keep an eye on me."

  Karry paused before she said to me,"I was so depressed all the time, Jason, so I didn't even hesitate to move in. I would go by your room every day to make sure you weren't there or just hiding from me. Then, when Bruce confronted me saying you were alive, I couldn't believe it. You had already been gone for so long, and I really didn't know what to think anymore. But now, you're really here in front of me, and I don't want you to leave my side again."

  After saying all of this, Karry had tears pouring down her face. Maybe she was embarrassed, so she looked away. Normally, I would try my hardest to stay away from an emotional woman, but something told me this time was different. Now was my chance to make it better for her.

  I wiped away her tears and said,"I'll never leave your side again. I'm saying I'll always be here for you because I love you."

  She was speechless, but she smiled through her tears saying,"I love you, too, Jay."

  Not holding back, I leaned in and kissed her. It was the greatest feeling, knowing I had my girl by my side again and nothing would change that.
  Karry held onto my jacket before we pulled away from the kiss, after hearing whistles and claps coming from the entrance of the Batcave.

  Everyone was standing there watching the whole scene. Bruce was smiling with tears in his eyes; Alfred had a "I-knew-it-all-along" face; Grayson was smiling like an idiot; Drake was taking pictures; Damian was saying,"Not bad, Todd, not bad."

  I just smiled and headed up the stairs to my room to get ready for dinner. I was feeling good right now, and another meal was what I needed to celebrate.