Nightmares Again

KARRY'S POV

  After we got home, Jason was trying to recover from what happened earlier. He kept on apologizing, but I told him it was fine. We also made sure we said goodbye to Barb before we went our separate ways. Once Jason and I got settled, we said our good nights to each other. However, I noticed something once again.
  Why was Jason tightening his grip on my waist again? He couldn't be having another nightmare, could he? Quickly, I climbed on top of Jason. Then, I called his name before whispering comforting words into his ear. As I did this, I held on to him and described how I felt about him.

  Yet, he screamed, but he didn't reach for me.

  Suddenly, Jason bolted up before he started choking me.

  He yelled,"You won't get her. I won't let you!!"

  I inhaled for air before I yelled,"JAY, SNAP OUT OF IT! IT'S ME, KARRY! YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"

  I managed to kick him in his side, but it didn't do anything really.

  He tightened his hold on my neck, and then he yelled,"WHERE IS SHE? WHERE'S VICTORIA?!"

  I frowned; Why was he dreaming about her?

  Then, he said almost in a whisper,"I just want to find my girlfriend. Please tell me, and I'll go."

  I sighed in relief, yet I said hoarsely,"Jase, it's me, Karry. Listen to the sound of my voice. Breathe, let me help you. I'm not going anywhere."

  Something snapped Jason out of it before he quickly released his hold on my neck. He realized what he had done as he started to back away from me.

  He started crying as he said to me,"Babe, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I didn't see it was you; I couldn't. Maybe you should stay away from me for a while."

  I walked up to him before I held his shaking hands and said to him,"I love you. I would never stay away from you. I can't."

  Jason pulled us down on the bed before he said to me,"I know you think I have something for Victoria, but I don't. I loved her, but I only love you and only you now."

  I kissed his jaw, and then I said to him,"I know, Forever and Always."

  About an hour later, I snuck out of the room, knowing he wasn't going to be up any time soon. Then, I searched for Dick. When I found him, he was sitting on the couch as he played on his phone. So, I called his name softly. He turned around and smiled when he saw me, but he frowned once he noticed my facial expression.

  I sat down next to him, and he said,"What is it?"

  I told Dick,"I confessed to Jason about what actually happened, and he had a nightmare. He almost killed me, but I'll be fine. Do you remember a girl named Victoria?"

  Dick scrunched his nose in disgust, yet he answered,"How could I not? She was rude, mean, attractive but still rude. She took advantage of everyone and made Jason a lovesick puppy."

  I frowned, and then I looked away.

  Dick pulled me in for a hug before he asked me,"Is he talking about her?"

  I paused before I said,"No, it's just that every time I see her, she threatens to take Jason away from me. I know Jason loves me, but I can't help but believe her, though. Dick, what do I do?"

  Dick gave me a soft smile before he answered,"Be yourself. Jason loves you, and he wouldn't change what the two of you have for the world. I see the love he has towards you, or even the lengths he was willing to go when you were missing. He cares about her maybe, but you're irreplaceable, Karry. You may be different, but we all still love you. Know that I will always be here for you. Barb, Jason, you, and I can always hang out together if it makes you feel better, too."

  With that answer, I kissed his cheek before I said to him,"Thanks, brother I never had."

  Dick smiled at me, but then I pulled him in for a hug.

  Immediately, he hugged me back, and then he said to me,"Anytime, sis, anytime."

  After giving Dick one more hug, I rushed up the stairs before I returned to my own bed. A couple minutes later, Jason got in beside me, yet he kept nudging me. So, I crawled over to Jason before he moved his arm so I could get in.

  When I became comfortable, Jason wrapped his arms around me.

  As good as it felt being in his arms, there was still one issue: What if I did lose Jason? What, then?