Family

JASON'S POV

  I thought about how to confront everyone about everything, but maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I thought it would be. With that, I walked down the stairs casually before bumping into someone. I knocked them down, so I moved to help them out, but they just swatted my hand away.
  That someone was a young boy, and he looked to be about 12 or 13 years old. He was very short, but maybe he was tall compared to someone else. He also had black hair and wore a green T-shirt with red pants and a leather jacket. But as I took in his appearance, I realized how much the boy resembled Talia. He had Bruce's hair color and his chin, but he had Talia's eyes and other facial features.

  I thought,"How did Bruce find out about this one?"

  I was trying to be better, so I decided to be nice and held out my hand for a handshake.

  The boy rudely said to me,"You must be Todd. Father has told me a lot about you. Don't get too cocky and think you're replacing anyone in this family. Father may like you, but I don't have to."

  Me and this kid are going to have a hard time getting along. He's very stubborn like Bruce, but I could tell he had been trained by Talia on other things.

  I said,"Look kid, I don't have to be on your level to understand what you're about, so stay out of my way, and I'll stay out of yours, got it?"

  The boy rolled his eyes and replied,"Whatever, Todd."

  He just walked down the stairs, towards where Alfred told me to go, too. So, I just followed him, and the very first person I saw was Dick Grayson, the 1st Robin. I had actually missed Grayson. He did try to take care of me and offered to help me several repeatedly, even when I told him to go away.

  Once Alfred signaled for Grayson to turn around, Grayson turned around to see me. At first, he held an unreadable expression on his face, but that changed to a happy expression very quickly.

  He ran over to me and said,"Jason, it's great to see you! Welcome back to the family. I hope you're willing to stay and let us get back to where we used to be. We all really wanted you to come back, but it's really good to see you. I mean that, Jason."

  I just smiled and nodded saying,"Yes, Dick, I'm staying for good this time, but it's great to see you, too. How much did I miss while being gone?"

  He just shrugged and said,"A lot, but I'll be happy to fill you in, brother."

  I smiled a little but said,"Who's the short kid that looks like Bruce? I thought I was the only one who could be rude in this family."

  Dick sighed and said,"That's Damian. He was just brought into Bruce's life. Bruce wasn't aware of him, and Damian was raised very differently than your average child."

  I nodded in understanding before I said,"That makes sense. He seems like a hard kid to get through to."

  Dick smiled and said,"Yeah, until you get to know him more."

  Then, I asked Dick,"Okay...So how's Barb?"

  Dick answered,"Barb's great. She will be happy to see you."

  I nodded and said,"Yeah, I'll contact her later."

  Then, I heard footsteps and there stood a boy who looked older than Damian. This boy had black hair, ocean blue eyes, and looked to be about 16 years old. There was also a female with him. She had black hair, black eyes, yet she was African American.

  Dick noticed my confusion, but he smiled turning to the boy and the girl saying,"Jason, meet Tim Drake and Tamara Fox. Tim's your brother and the 3rd Robin. He looks up to you. Jason, also meet Tamara Fox, Lucius Fox's daughter."

  I offered my hand to Tim and Tamara Fox. Tim seemed a little surprised at my action, but I couldn't blame him. He smiled at me and accepted my handshake.
  Tamara was very pretty, yet I actually wanted to know whether they were more than friends or not. Tim and Tamara actually looked cute together. Tamara smiled back at me, noticing my friendly gesture, before I gave her a smile in return.

  Dick said,"You guys can go to the living room and sit down."

  Tim took Tamara's hand and led her to the living room. I smirked, seeing Drake had some game.

  Dick turned to me and said,"Now, there's two people I know you're dying to see."

  I thought about it. There was only Bruce and Karry left. I would talk to Barbara, Cass, and Steph later. I knew I would have plenty of time to check on them, so I could just do that another time. Right now, I had to speak to the two people that had been on my mind the most, since I had been raised from the dead.

  I nodded, and Dick led me towards the Batcave. I couldn't even remember the last time I had been down there. Suddenly, I stopped, and Dick noticed my hesitation.

  Dick stopped himself from walking any farther and placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder saying,"Come on, they'll be happy to see you."

  I nodded to Dick and followed him. Hopefully, he was right.