The Unexpected Arrival

KARRY'S POV

  Dick grabbed my hand and pulled me into the water. I shuddered at the feeling and hung on to Dick's shoulders immediately. I must have looked like an idiot right now. However, Dick just smiled, but he didn't pull away from me. He started to give me tips about swimming.

  First, he said,"When it comes to swimming, always be on guard about your surroundings. You need to keep your head up and don't think too much about what you're doing."

  It already sounded hard because I got distracted easily, and I thought about everything too hard. That often resulted in headaches for me, most of the time.

  He grabbed my chin saying,"You'll get it. It just takes time. Everyone's different, but I have faith in you."

  I kissed his cheek saying thank you before he passed me on to Tim. Instantly, I yelped and gripped Tim's arms. Tim chuckled, and I punched his shoulder playfully.

  Tim laughed saying,"Karry, you need to learn how to breathe underwater. The rules are: Never open your mouth. Think of it as a drop on a rollercoaster. You don't want pool water in your mouth, trust me. You go down, keep your mouth closed, and hold your nose. You try it. If you feel like you can't breathe, then just come up."

  I looked at him nervously before he said,"You've got this. If it makes you feel better, you can hold my hand, while you go under to know I'm still here."

  I smiled, took his hand, and went under. I was only under for a minute, but I received smiles when I returned to the surface.

  Tim gave me a hug saying,"You did it!! I knew you could!!"

  Then, he passed me to Jason. Jason smirked at me, but he said,"I'm going to teach you how to trust me."

  I looked at him clearly confused, but he told everyone to give us a moment. They all sent me soft smiles before I received good luck hugs and kisses.

  When they left, I pulled Jason closer to me.

  He chuckled and said,"I didn't know you loved me that much. Anyway, I'm going to teach you how to hold your weight in the water."

  I started to panic again, but Jason grabbed my hands saying,"Everything's going to be fine. Just relax and hang on to me."

  Jason started to walk away from me, and I was trying to stay strong.

  He said,"Walk towards me. If you start to sink, I'll catch you."

  I made my way towards him slowly, and he smiled. When it was almost over, I slipped and fell into the water.

  Jason caught me immediately while asking,"Baby, are you okay?"

  I nodded timidly before I said embarrassed,"I can't get it, Jason."

  He shushed me before he pulled me along with him. At this point, he began to talk to me. I didn't realize that he was using that as a distraction to get me to actually start swimming. I smiled like an idiot before giving Jason kisses. I did it! I was swimming! He smirked, and a camera went off. I turned around and noticed Damian with a camera. I just winked at him. He blushed and showed me the picture.

  I smiled, but I did let Jason know that I had to go to the bathroom real quick. He offered to walk me, but I just gave him a kiss and told him he was too sweet. Jason was still a little worried and clingy towards me because of the nightmares.
  As I headed towards the bathroom and around the corner, I felt someone behind me. I just ignored it, but a hand covered my mouth and dragged me away from Wayne Manor. I tried to scream, but something covered my mouth, and everything went dark.