The Plan

KARRY'S POV

  For Jason's birthday, we decided to throw a surprise party and just chill after that. Jason didn't really like surprises, but I was sure he wouldn't mind that his girlfriend went out of her way to do this for him. In short, he was going to like it, even if he hated being surprised. I figured it was probably because he was Robin and saw everything possible. It was up to me to distract him and keep him busy, though. 

  During the times when Jason was asleep or just wanted to be alone, I would sneak out and get the party guests and decorations. I couldn't do this alone, so I had Bruce distract Jason with their bonding time, while Dick, Tim, Damian, and Barb helped me with the decorations. Dick decided to go get the balloons and other decorations; Damian oversaw the party guests with Alfred; Barb and I went to go get the cake.

  After everything had been purchased, we needed a way to get into the house without Jason noticing. Barb and I snuck in through the back door. There was one tiny problem though: I spotted Jason at the pool walking towards me.

  Immediately, I motioned for Barb to go into the house and put up everything. While Barb did that, I could see what Jason wanted.

  As he walked up to me, I realized he looked a little off. 

  I went to ask him about it, but he pulled me into a hug and said,"I thought you left me again."

  I hugged Jason tightly and said,"No, no, no.... I would never, Jay. I just went for a walk."

  Jason nodded and held on to the hug for a little bit longer before he pulled away.

  He believed it. Thank God.

  He kissed me before he said,"I'm going back to the pool. Want to come?"

  I shook my head and said,"No, I have to go inside and use the bathroom."

  Jason nodded and headed back to the pool. I sighed in relief because I actually didn't know how to swim that well. I know it's embarrassing, but I wasn't necessarily taught or given lessons on how to swim.
  Quickly, I walked inside to check on the party decorations. We decided to go red and black, because I didn't really know if Jason's favorite colors changed at all or not. So, I decided to be safe about it this time.

  After checking on the decorations, the decorations looked great!! The cake had a picture of the whole Bat-family and other pictures of Jason and I on it. I smiled at the cake and placed the candles on top.

  Next, I got everyone together and said,"Guys, I'm going to get Jason. Everyone get in position!!!"

  Everyone obeyed my orders, finding a good place to hide. However, it felt nice to be in control for once. Moving on, I ran outside to the pool to get Jason. I spotted him drying off. I needed a way to get him to actually come into the house now.

  Maybe if I actually acted like something was wrong.

  Great idea, Karry! Okay, I need to stop doing myself! It sounds a little weird.

  I acted scared and yelled,"Jay??"

  Jason turned around and ran towards me saying,"Baby what's wrong? Are you hurt? Did something happen? Please tell me!!"

  I just led him towards the door and opened it.

  Jason looked deathly confused until everyone yelled,"SURPRISE!!"

  Jason almost fell onto the floor, but he kept himself from falling very quickly.

  I laughed and asked him nervously,"Do you like it?"

  He kissed my hand saying,"This is perfect! I love it!!"

  During the party, we talked to the guests, played games, and even spent time as a family. Then, I noticed someone. He looked familiar. Oh, no.
  It couldn't be him. It was my ex-boyfriend. Why wouldn't he be here? He made his way towards me, so I just sent him a weak smile.

  When he reached me, he hugged me saying,"Karry, how are you? It's been a while."

  I smiled and ended the hug saying,"Great, what about you?"

  He said,"I've been awesome. Meet my girlfriend, Kara Danvers."

  I laughed and smiled at Kara saying,"We know each other. We're best friends. Have you seen Jason?"

  He nodded and answered,"Yeah, he was talking to Bruce when I last saw him."

  So, I said,"Thanks." 

  I gave him a friendly kiss on the cheek before I gave Kara a hug and went looking for Jason.

  I didn't find Jason, but I knew he had to be around here somewhere. Before I knew it, it was time to blow out the candles. Suddenly, Jason appeared from the Batcave with Bruce. I sighed in relief because that would've been horrible if the birthday boy was missing this whole time, and I didn't know it. I headed over to him to light the candles and sung "Happy Birthday."

  After singing "Happy Birthday," I told Jason to make a wish.

  Jason just looked at me and back at everyone saying,"My wish already came true. Everyone I love's here supporting me. Just having you guys here... it's good enough for me."

  Everyone cheered and said thank you before we headed out to the pool area. The pool was a little crowded with everyone in it at once, so I decided to lie back on the chair and relax. After about an hour, everyone started to leave and said their last birthday wishes to Jason.

  After a while, it was just the Bat-family left. Suddenly, I felt a shadow over me. I pulled off my shades, and Jason stood in front of me.

  He said,"Babe, you want to join me in the pool?"

  I shook my head and said,"No, I'm okay with being lazy and trying to get some sleep."

  I went to lie back down, but Jason sat on my lap and used his puppy dog eyes on me. The trees became very interesting to me, suddenly...
  Jason pulled my face towards him and I gave in slowly. He led me towards the pool, but I stopped walking when we were just about an inch away from the pool. Jason noticed me stop before he observed me for a few moments. I moved to make a run for it, but Jason pulled me back.

  Jason pulled me close and rested his forehead against mine saying,"Baby, why didn't you tell me you couldn't swim?"

  I couldn't look at him in the eyes, but I admitted to him,"I didn't want to be embarrassed."

  Jason called everyone over and then said,"We would never embarrass you. Baby, if you ever need help, you can always ask us. That's what family's for."

  Everyone gave me reassuring smiles and offered to help me learn how to swim. I smiled, and Dick offered me his hand to help me first. I placed my hand in his own and thought about how this might not be so bad if the family was here to help me.