Dinner

KARRY'S POV

  As Jason and I walked together to join the others for dinner, everyone had smiles on their faces. Even Bruce. I looked at Barb, asking for an explanation, but she just motioned towards Damian. I looked over at him, and he had hacked into the monitors. I guess he had shown everyone what we were doing. I guess that's person number 2, then.

  I just ignored him and walked to my seat at the table. It was between Jason and Bruce.

  Bruce smiled, giving me a hand squeeze, and whispered to me,"Thanks for saving my son."

  I just smiled back at him and replied,"No problem. What's family for."

  Bruce gave me a small smile and a hug. I hugged him back before I ended the hug.

  As I sat in my seat, Tim asked me,"What did you do to Jason? He can't stop smiling and blushing."

  I looked over at Jason. He was eating his food, but he was trying real hard to cover his face. I giggled and leaned towards Jason, kissing his cheek multiple times. He groaned, but I could tell everyone else enjoyed seeing a red-faced Jason. Maybe that was why he was called Red Hood because he blushed every time he thought about you without the helmet...:)

  After dinner, we agreed to have a movie night. Before we started the movie, Barb pulled me aside to talk. I followed her into the study and listened to what she had to say.

  I said,"Yes, Barb. What's going on?"

  She said,"Nothing, I just wanted to say my dad would really want to see you, and I'm thankful for what you did for Jason."

  I just took her hand and smiled saying,"I would do anything for Jason. I just think it's going to be a challenge getting him to believe in everyone and stop apologizing for everything."

  I sighed in frustration, knowing Jason was stubborn at times, but he also didn't like people getting in his way. He was quick to shut people out.

  Barb sent me a knowing look and put a comforting hand on my shoulder saying,"I know how it feels, Kay. I went through the same thing with Dick. Don't worry, though. Jason will come around, and when he does come around, he'll gladly stand by your side almost every minute of the day."

  Knowing this family always managed to give good advice, I gave her a hug and said,"I don't know what I'd do without you."

  She just chuckled saying,"Aren't you glad I know you so well knowing not to leave you?"

  We just laughed together before we made our way back to the living room with the rest of the boys. Honestly, I was a little surprised Bruce joined. I thought he would kill me with a Batglare for asking something so silly. However, he accepted knowing how much it meant to me for him to come.

  As we walked into the room, all the boys, including Bruce and Alfred, turned towards Barb and me with concerned looks.

  I just gave them a smile saying,"I just needed to talk to Barb for a minute. Barb is okay, by the way."

  Barb went to go join Dick by his spot, while I laid with Jason.

  He whispered into my ear,"Are you sure you're all right?"

  I just looked at him and kissed him saying,"Yeah, everything's fine."

  Jason gave me a look before he said,"We'll talk about it later."

  I nodded before Jason laid me back onto his chest and wrapped his arms around me. From the corner of my eye, I saw Bruce and Alfred smiling and talking about how I was right for Jason and what he needed right now. I sent them a wink before Jason tightened his arms around me.

  After movie night, everyone decided to hit the bed. We all said our good nights, not knowing what tomorrow would bring.