Rings and Promises

JASON'S POV

  Carefully, I moved Karry's head off my chest before I laid her down on her side of the bed. I didn't wake Karry up, because I had something for her. I bought her a promise ring to show her how much I loved her and that I wanted nothing more than to start a family with her one day.
  So, I put the promise ring under my dresser before I got back in bed with Karry. She started to stir, but she only moved over to hit me in the face. I chuckled before moving her arm.

  In about 30 minutes, we were both up and heading downstairs to the kitchen. Alfred being Alfred fixed breakfast for everyone, and I helped him fix the plates. Of course, Karry and Gin offered, too. Alfred just smiled as he continued to make the rest of the plates.
  Shortly, we all sat at the table and ate together. Karry and Barb sat next to Terry, while Gin sat in front of them watching Terry to make sure he was okay. When I moved to grab my fork, I noticed Karry looking at me, which made me send her a wink and a smile.

   KARRY'S POV

  I looked at Jason, and he winked at me and smiled, too. I cleared my throat before I turned away. I wondered what they did yesterday. After breakfast, everyone decided to take a minute and get some sleep. I walked towards my room, but I heard Gin screaming. I rushed into her room, yet I found her having a nightmare.

  Nightmares were common around here.

  Quickly, I rushed over to her before I said to her,"Shhh, everything will be okay. I'm right here to listen if you want to talk about it. If not, I'll go get Tim."

  Gin had tears falling down her cheeks, and I wiped them, even though her tears didn't stop falling down her face.

  She sniffed, but she admitted to me,"It was about my mother again. I miss my family so much. I know I have you guys, but what if something happens to you? What if I-"

  I cut her off by saying to her,"I know how you feel, but nothing is going to happen to me. I'll be fine. If something does happen, you'll still have Tim and the Bat-family to look after you. Trust me, I've been through worse. You deserve to be here no matter what someone else might tell you."

  When I finished talking, Gin had the biggest smile on her face before she asked me,"Do you know you have a gift from God?"

  I smiled before I told her,"I know, but that's why I'm here, right?"

  She nodded, yet she told me,"Love ya, bestie."

  I blew her a kiss before I replied,"Luv ya, too."

  After all this, I offered to stay, and she accepted my offer immediately. I went to lie beside her to let her know I was here, but first, I had to let Jason know. I called his name, yet he said he had something important for me.

  I smiled before I asked him,"What is it?"

  Instead of answering my question, he pulled out a small red bag. Jason nudged me before he asked me to open it. Slowly, I removed the tissue paper before I opened the smaller red box to find a promise ring.

  My eyes started to water immediately, and I hugged Jason as I said to him,"Baby, this is the best gift anyone has ever given me. I love you, too. Always."

  Jason smiled, yet he slid the ring onto my finger before I told him I would be staying with Gin for comfort. He nodded in understanding, and then, he gave me a long goodbye kiss. Afterwards, I headed towards Gin's room. I unlocked the door and crawled in beside her. We talked about things, mainly Jason and Tim, to get her mind off the nightmare, yet it ended up putting us both to sleep.