The Rescue

KARRY'S POV

  I don't know how long I've been here, but it's felt like weeks. I lost count after two days. I was badly bruised all over from the ninja fight; I never stood a chance. I just hoped Jason made it to me on time. Right now, I was chained to a wall, while my legs were chained to the floor. I spotted two guys coming towards me. Instantly, I prepared for the excruciating pain on the way. Before I could take another breath, they started to punch me, kick me multiple times in the stomach, while pulling my hair roughly.

  Then, they asked me questions about Bruce and his legacy. I just spit on them, which was a bad idea. That earned me a blow to the head. I felt my head almost feeling too light, which was never a good thing. My vision began to become very blurry. The men continued their job until I fell into unconsciousness once again.

   JASON'S POV

  Right now, we were on our way to Rā's assassin to find out where he took my girl. I prayed for her to be okay for me to at least be able to save her, but I knew she was going to be hurt badly. Ra's showed no mercy when it came to getting what he wanted. Having once known Talia, she was the same way.

   KARRY'S POV

  Once I regained consciousness, Talia was standing in front of me.

  She smirked and asked me,"Do you know what happened to Jason?"

  I figured I might as well play along..

  I rolled my eyes and answered,"No, I don't. All I really know is Jason was Robin for some time, died at the hands of the Joker, and was resurrected."

  She laughed and said,"There's way more to it than that."

  I looked at her confused and said,"What else is there?"

  Talia said,"Jason may not be the person he once was, but that doesn't mean his mistakes won't hurt you. You remember that girl, Victoria (she's another original character of mine.), he once dated and loved so dearly?"

  I cringed at the thought and said,"Yes, I do."

  Talia said,"She worked for me. My whole plan was for her to get close to Jason and to draw him away from you."

  I frowned and asked her,"Why would you do that? Jason wouldn't even talk to me much. He'd barely notice when I walked into the room."

  Talia walked around me saying,"If he loved you, then he would have never become Robin or got killed by Joker, which would have prevented Red Hood from being born."

  I wasn't following, so I said,"Excuse me for sounding stupid, but I'm still not following what that has to do with me, though."

  Talia rolled her eyes saying,"Jason would have chosen a normal life and gave up crime fighting. I would have never met Bruce, too."

  I nodded and asked her,"So, this is about Bruce?"

  Talia smirked saying,"It has always been about Beloved. If it wasn't for him, then I wouldn't have given away Damian or almost been killed myself."

  I shrugged saying,"It wasn't Bruce's fault you almost got killed or that you gave away Damian. Both of those things were a result of your own choices, not his choices."

  Talia got closer to me saying,"I see. No worries because Damian still sees you as his mother, even though you are only 20 years old. However, Bruce will watch another person he deeply cares about suffer. That, I look forward to being a part of."

  I chuckled deeply and said,"I'm sure Damian would love to hear this. His true mother trying to kill someone he practically looks at as his new mother being killed, or his own father being threatened."