Nightmares

JASON'S POV

  After dinner, we decided to have a movie night. Karry even got Bruce and Alfred to join, instead of doing their usual routine. This girl made me smile.
  But when I turned around, Barb and Karry were gone. I started to panic and looked around for her. I couldn't lose her again.

  Then, I heard Barb and her talking, so I sighed in relief. Dick was worried about Barb, so I told him what happened. When Barb and Karry came back, Barb and Karry had distant looks on their faces.

  Karry came in smiling, but when she looked at me, her smile dropped. I frowned and asked her what's wrong, but Karry said nothing. I just let it go and pulled her into my arms. Maybe I would ask her about it later.

   KARRY'S POV

  AWWW, MAN!! Jason knew something was up. I couldn't even keep a straight face. I needed to get lessons from Bruce.

  After we walked down the hall for a bit, I stopped Jason and said,"Jay, I need to go talk to Bruce real quick."

  He nodded before pulling me close saying,"Don't be too long."

  Jason kissed my forehead before he made his way into his old room. I turned and made my way towards the Batcave, but I knew Jason was still watching me to make sure nothing happened.

  I spotted Bruce talking to Alfred, so I cleared my throat and said,"Bruce, can I talk to you for a minute?"

  He gave me a questioning look, but he asked Alfred to give us a minute. Alfred nodded and patted my shoulder before leaving.

  Bruce took off his cowl and asked me,"Is everything all right between you and Jason?"

  I just shook my head and said,"Everything's fine, but it is about Jason."

  He said,"Jason wants his old relationship with me again, doesn't he?"

  Immediately, I was thrown off-guard by Bruce figuring it out that quickly before I realized Jason was his son. Jason wasn't his real son, but Jason resembled Bruce in many ways.

  I just said,"Yes. Yesterday, I found Jase looking at a picture of the two of you together. He was upset, because I saw him crying, but he would never admit to it. He just wants to spend time with you and apologize for everything. I know it'll be hard, especially with him being Red Hood, but he wants to change for you, Bruce."

  Tears started to form in Bruce's eyes, so I pulled him into a hug. Bruce hugged me back.

  He said,"I would love to get our old relationship back. I'll talk to him about it."

  I kissed his cheek before I said to him,"Good night, Bruce."

  Bruce smiled and kissed my forehead saying,"Good night, Karry."

  After that, I made my way back to Jason's room. When I opened the door, I saw Jason sprawled across the bed. I chuckled and moved to get in with him. I pushed Jason towards his side of the bed, and he groaned.

  Jason opened his emerald eyes and stared at me before pulling me down with him.

  I snuggled into him before he asked me,"So what did you talk to Bruce about?"

  I tried to come up with something to say...

  Jason started stroking my cheek, and I said,"I just went to go ask Bruce has he seen my bracelet."

  He just played with my fingers and said,"Oh. I'm going back to bed. Love you."

  I pretended to think about it, and Jason frowned.

  He started to tickle me, but I gave up eventually saying,"Okay, okay. I love you, too, Jay."

  Jason smiled and kissed me before tightening his grip around my sides. I knew he was afraid of letting go, so I just let him stay that way.
  At about 12 o'clock, I woke up to Jason tightening his grip a little too much. I moved to wake him up, but I realized something: He was having a nightmare. His eyebrows were furrowing. His hands were gripping my waist, and he was whimpering loudly.

  I couldn't understand what he was saying at first, but then he started screaming,"LET HER GO! PLEASE DON'T KILL HER! JUST TAKE ME INSTEAD!"

  That was when I realized it was about me... Who else could he be talking about? I hoped it was no one else. Anyways, I climbed on top of him and started shaking his shoulders. When that did absolutely nothing, I started calling his name. Then, everyone ran into the room.

  Bruce realized what was happening and whispered into my ear,"Start talking to him gently. Talk about how much he means to you."

  I started feeling nervous; especially since I didn't really know what to say or how to start. Bruce noticed and motioned for everyone to leave.

  I sighed and started to talk to Jason softly,"Jay, I love you more than anything. I don't know what I'd do without you. You're my rock. There's nothing you've ever done that I haven't been proud of. Sure, you've done some questionable things, but no one should be measured by their mistakes. You're trying to change, and I see that. I see changes in you already. You didn't just save yourself by coming here, you saved me, too. Please Jay, listen to my voice. I need you to wake up. I'll be by your side through everything. I promise. We all will."

  Suddenly, Jason started to wake up. However, tears began to fall down his face immediately. Then, he pulled me down with him and buried his face in my neck. I leaned into him, while I let him cry into my neck.

  Several minutes later, Jason sniffed saying,"Baby, I'm so sorry. I heard everything you said, and you're right. I just had another nightmare about you being captured, because of me. I...."

  He just sniffed again and continued to cry, so I just whispered comforting words into his ear. But when I felt like it was necessary, I placed kisses all over his face. It took him a while to recover from the nightmare, but something told me it wasn't the last one he would have.

  After Jason settled down and loosened his grip on me, I snuck out of the room and noticed everyone was standing outside of the door.

  I facepalmed and asked,"Did you guys hear everything?"

  They just smiled while Damian smirked, which let me know they had heard probably everything. This family was nosy.

  I shook my head saying,"Jason's birthday is almost here, so we need a plan on what to do for his birthday."

  Everyone started to make their way towards the living room, but I heard Jason whimpering again. I told them to go on, and I would go to check on Jason.
  They nodded knowingly and headed towards the living room. Bruce signaled for me to take my time and to be very careful with Jason. After saluting to Bruce, I nodded and headed back to Jason bedroom.

  Jason was gripping the poor pillow tightly, which he thought was me. I made my way towards him quickly before I rubbed his back and sides in comfort.  
  Jason's whimpering began to die down slowly before he tried to go back to sleep. I kissed his cheek, yet I felt a hand on my waist.

  I turned around, and Jason said,"Please don't go. You can't leave."

  I frowned and touched his face saying,"I'm just going downstairs to talk to Bruce."

  Immediately, Jason immediately sat up and said,"I'm going with you. I won't distract you. I promise."

  I just grabbed his hand and led him downstairs. Everyone looked confused at Jason being up, but I signaled to them that he was not going to hear anything.
  They nodded, and I laid down on the sofa.  Jason crawled on top of me and buried his face in my neck. It only took him about a minute to fall asleep, which did not surprise me one bit. I shook my head before I started to make plans for his birthday party.