Dinner Crew

KARRY'S POV

  It was so great to have Jason back. I remember crying every day, willing to do anything to get Jason back. I guess God answered my prayer. Now, I had to make sure I didn't lose him again.

  Alfred asked me to set up the table, so I offered to just help him out after dinner.

  He said,"Miss Karry, there's no need for you to help me. I can gladly handle this on my own."

  I rolled my eyes before I said to him,"Alfred, I owe you this, so I'm helping whether you like it or not."

  He sighed in defeat, but I could see the smile forming on his face. For dinner, we were having Jason's favorite. I set up the table before I ran off to go collect everyone for dinner.

  I thought,"Umm, who first?"

  Bruce could be the one I got first. Most likely, Bruce was in the Batave, so I made my way down there.

  My prediction was right, so I yelled,"Batman, dinner's ready!!"

  Immediately, Bruce turned to make his way to the kitchen before he kissed my forehead like a real father would. He wasn't my biological father, but he was close enough to be my 2nd father. John Diggle was my biological father, whom I loved very dearly.
  Next was Dick Grayson. My best guess was he was in his room chatting with Barb. (I loved Dick and Barbara together, so they are going to be together in this book). I made my way to his room and knocked on the door.

  After a few moments, he opened the door, asking me,"What's up, Karry?"

  I answered with a smile,"Nothing, just came up here to tell you to start making your way downstairs to eat and tell Barb to come on, too."

  Dick looked at me in awe and asked me,"How did you know she was in my room?"

  I smirked saying,"I know because I'm just smart like that."

  Dick just smiled and called Barb before they went downstairs to eat.

  Now, I needed to find Tim and Damian... I knew they had to be somewhere playing games or watching TV. When I found Damian and Tim, they were playing Call of Duty, which I wasn't surprised by. With that, I grabbed Damian's controller and paused the game.

  They both groaned and said,"Karry why did you do that?"

  I just laughed and said,"Because I love you guys. Also, I don't want you to die of starvation."

  They just turned off the game, but Tim said before they ran out of the room,"Thanks for telling us. Love you, too."

  I just smiled before I left to go get the last person, Jason. Since I knew too Jason well, I knew he was in his old room trying to piece everything together.

  When I made it to his old room, I knocked on his door, which was just sitting wide open.

  However, I said,"Hey Jay?"

  He replied,"Yeah?"

  So, I said,"Ready? I just came to get you."

  He nodded and said,"Yeah, I'll walk with you."

  That was when I noticed Jason wasn't really paying attention to me, though. He was staring at a photograph of Bruce and him several years ago. Another photograph was from Jason's very first time coming to Wayne Manor.

  Sensing what he could've been feeling right now, I walked over to him and sat down beside him on the bed. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him on the neck softly.

  Then, I said to him,"Jase, I promise you'll have the relationship you once had with Bruce. He doesn't regret letting you back in, just like I don't either. We both wanted you here, Jay. I know you might have done things as the Red Hood, but that doesn't mean it wasn't you under that hood. You did some good, too, whether you believe it or not. I've seen footage where you could've killed someone, but you didn't. Now, Jason, you're here, and that's all that matters. Everyone deserves a second chance, Jase. Everyone. It all starts with trying to move forward, trying to do better. You've got this."

  By the time I was done with my speech, Jason cupped my face and said,"I love you. Don't you ever forget that."

  I smiled and leaned into his touch saying,"I won't. I've always known that. Let's go down to dinner."

  Before I could get up, Jason yelled,"Wait?!!"

  I looked at him confused and asked him"What is it?"

  Jason smiled and pulled me close saying"I just wanted to give you a kiss."

  I nodded saying,"Okay."

  Jason wrapped his arms around me and gave me a passionate kiss, that I wish wouldn't have stopped, but unfortunately, it did. I sat on the bed and pouted before Jason just placed a kiss on my head and ran out of the room.

  I thought,"Boy, am I lucky. I'll get him back later, though."