Alfred's Wisdom

JASON'S POV

  As I walked into Wayne Manor, I felt like I did when I first entered this house years ago. When I made my way past the front door, the first thing that hit me was the smell of food... That brought back memories for me immediately, and I didn't realize how much I missed Alfred's cooking. His cooking was the best you could ever have.
  Not even ten minutes later, Alfred prepared my favorite meal for me, and I thanked him repeatedly. Alfred looked shocked, but he smiled, witnessing a change in me already. I smiled back, realizing maybe I was capable of setting a better example for myself to follow. Alfred, then, said Bruce was out on a case with Commissioner Gordon, but everyone else was here. I opened my mouth to ask what case they were working on; however, Alfred motioned to my food, and I received the hint that I should just eat.

  I laughed and nodded saying,"Okay, thanks for letting me stay."

  Alfred smiled fondly at me and said,"No problem, Master Todd. I'll show you to your room, first, before you meet everyone."

  I got up and followed Alfred to my old room. Once I walked inside, I realized how long it's been since I had last been here. I remember crying on that bed, feeling alone, and missing my parents. A tear made its way down my face, and Alfred reassured me that everything was going to be okay.

  For once, I gave in and just hugged him back before I said,"I have really missed you, Alfred, and even Bruce. I hope he forgives me."

  Alfred scoffed and said,"Of course, he'll forgive you, Master Todd. Master Bruce loves you as a son, but please don't forget we are all here for you. Everyone will be here in 30 minutes, so be ready, all right?"

  Before Alfred even made it to the door, I said,"Sounds good and thanks for everything, again."

  He just walked out, smiling after finally getting through to me after all these years. Yet, it was almost time for me to finally face everyone and be open.

  Was I really ready for this?