II. The Voice

II

                                                                                The Voice

     Jack was having a bad day and was the reason half of Kansas was being punished by the storm his mood was creating. Thousands of years he searched for the human the other part of his soul took refuge in. Thousands of years he spent finding the traces of his soul but not the actual thing. Thousands of years and he was about to give up.

     It was still a good winter cold in Kansas, almost -30 degrees there, even though today was the first day of spring. He was sitting on the highest tree he could find about a mile from Woodson County. Though the trees were swaying in time with the storms wind, he didn’t fall off from his perch.

     Jack sighed, bored out of his mind and aggravated that the branches he was holding onto were freezing and breaking. He was about to float down the tree until heard singing. He thought someone was near him, but it was too faint.

     He listened more closely, forcing his emotions to calm the storm so he could hear better. It took a minute, but then he heard the melody.

     “Leave yourself, for the dreams…. Close your eyes, and say goodnight…. I love you, forever and nigh.”

    Jack tried to listen for more, but none came. The sweet and sad melody tortured him, reverberated in his ears and mind. Never in his existence had he heard such a hauntingly beautiful song. Jack closed his eyes. A part of him stirred, deep, deep inside of him awoke, and he snapped his eyes open.

     The part of him that so many thousands of years ago was taken away was finally found but out of sight.

     ‘It isn’t possible,” he muttered as the storm grew heavier, “is it?”

     Lillian said that she cursed him so he would forever walk the earth without the love of the only thing that cannot be frozen by him. But was she mistaken and now that thing is finally in the world?

     Jack couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong, like something wasn’t right. Never, in the thousands of years he has lived, did he think the other part of his soul could find his one.

     Just as Jack lifted off of the tree, he heard the singing start again.

     “Look at the sky, and close your eyes… Think of love’s, white sweet seams.”

     He smiled at the beautiful melody, and as it continued to be heard by him, he closed his eyes and shot into the sky, letting the song guide him to its voice.

-----------------

Hey guys, wanna let you know that the picture of Jack is in the info bar. I think he fits it. The guy in the picture is Gary Entin, and I like him for Jack's position. Comment about if you think it's true or tell me other people you may think is better!

Share it! Vote it! Love it!

- Lunalove673