X. The Lucid Dream

X

                                                                     The Lucid Dream

     The light was so bright, almost too bright to where Iana had to look away.

     But she didn’t.

     Iana continued walking towards the light, one slow step at a time with hesitance in her stance. The light became bigger and bigger until she passed it and saw a women in a long white silk robe.

    The women’s back was facing Iana, and the way the women’s shoulders were lifted graceful elegance, she could tell this women was pretty.

    As if knowing Iana was behind her, the women turned.

    Iana gasped.

   The same women she saw in the vision was in front of her. Alive. Healthy. Beautiful.

    Her mother.

   “Momma?”

   Chelsea’s lips lifted slightly, and she held her arms out towards her daughter.

   Iana ran into her arms and squeezed her mother as if she would disappear the instant she touched her. But she didn’t. She hugged with the same force, and buried her head in her daughters hair.

   Neither women cried, or even spoke, because their words and tears flowed through the hug they shared. And once Chelsea pulled back, she laughed.

   “That’s the first time I’ve heard you call me Momma,” she said, smiling broadly at her daughter as she took one of her hands.

   “It’s the first time I’ve ever seen you,” Iana responded.

   Chelsea smiled again.

   “I have so much to ask you Momma.”

   “I know, but I don’t have much time,” Chelsea suddenly looked sad, and continued. “Iana, sweetheart, you’re special. VERY special.”

    Iana frowned and looked at her mother curiously. “What do you mean special?”

   “Your soul is one of the most valuable things in the entire universe, and for thousands of years people have been trying to find it.”

    “W-Wait, you’re saying that my soul has been destined to be born?”

    Chelsea lifted her hand, brushing away stray locks of her daughter’s hair, smiling. “Yes, you are the oldest soul and the most pure. Your soul was lost in order to save it. And now that it has been found, you’re in danger.”

    Iana was dumbfounded, “why me, I, I’m just me! I’m not anything special! I’m ridiculed at school and I just got Dad to be a Dad again. He nev-,” she realized she was talking about her Father to her Mother, and by the way Chelsea’s face showed mourning, that it was a mistake to even bring it up.

    “I’m sorry Momma, I know you-“Iana was cut off by her mother’s finger against her lips, hushing her.

    “Don’t be sorry, my sweet. It’s good to know he’s still there for you even though he’s been gone all these years. Losing your soul mate kills you inside.”

    “You’re Dad’s soul mate?”

   Chelsea’s eyes began to form unshed tears, and she blinked them away as she nodded.

    “Your soul mate is coming too, very soon, actually, he’s with you right now.” Chelsea focused hard, as if she was straining to hear something. Iana did the same, and almost giving up, she heard it. The barely audible sound of a window opening and closing, and her body went up in a chill.

    My window’s open, Iana thought.

   “How do you know this?” Iana asked.

   “I have been your guardian ever since you were born and I died. Even if I didn’t, I would still be your guardian. You need to wake up now, my sweet Iana. He’s here for you.”

   “But Momma, I want to talk to you more,” Iana pleaded.

   “You don’t have time, but I will be back very soon. I promise.”

   With that, Chelsea hugged her daughter tight again. She backed away and kissed Iana’s forehead once, and backed away.

   Iana’s eyelids drooped, and soon, they closed completely.

    Iana felt warm breath on her face, and she opened her eyes to him.

    “She was right.” 

---------------------

Hola, Rachel Weisz is Iana's mother, Chelsea. The picture is in the sidebar of her. Comment on what you think...

Share it! Vote it! Love it!

- Lunalove673