XL. Radar

XL

Radar

  Iana’s mind went into overdrive the minute Jack said that she’d become immortal when their souls twined together. Just as she had asked, Jack held Iana in his arms and let her think, and oh did she think.

  She knew that Jack would probably shack up with another immortal being, but she didn’t think she would be immortal.

  Jack said hours ago –when they first lay down- that when their souls twined together when she saved him, that she now held the touch of immortality. She also knew that she was the oldest soul ever, so technically, her soul would be immortal, but her body would not.

  Now, they both would be.

  Iana thought that Jack would get tired of holding her, and want to do something, but no, he laid beside her, his arms wrapped around her form, and held her. Iana, welcomed his arms, and curled into him, almost as if she was him. She had put her face in the crook of his neck, and her hands were balled up between her chests, and though they held –a very little amount- distance, they were closer than ever.

  Now, with the sun at the horizon, shining beautifully through the trees, they still, were in the same position. Iana felt warm, and loved, as she lay in Jack’s arms.

  Nothing could beat the feeling of love while being held by the one who loves you.

  A loud grumbling sound broke the record of silence, and it took a second for Iana to realize that it was her stomach protesting at the lack of food. Iana buried her face more in Jack’s neck, while he audibly laughed.

  “I think I’m in my bottomless pit stage again,” Iana muttered, blushing furiously.

  “And I think we should fix that.”

  Jack pulled Iana up by her arm, her protesting that he should be resting. All Jack did was laugh more and pull her down the stairs.

  Halfway down the stairs, Jack suddenly stopped, and Iana rammed into him, almost pushing him down the stairs.

  If it weren’t for Jack’s super-fast reflexes.

  “How did I get into this?” Jack asked, pulling at the clothes he wore. They were one of his house clothes that they’d bought, and since Tyler knew that Jack was –only- sleeping in Iana’s bed with her, they kept his clothes in her closet and drawers.

  Iana blushed furiously as she contemplated how she would tell Jack.

  “Err, um, Dean, Jason, and Brandon didn’t want to see your,” Iana coughed, “manly bits. While Cindy and Dad plain out said no. So, that left me. I didn’t look!”

  Once again, Iana had made Jack laugh. It was extremely amusing and cute to see her cheeks redden to a tomato. Though she may be a spitfire, she -to Jack- is as innocent as a baby.

  Jack didn't comment on Iana's last sentence, he just shook his head and continued dragging her down to the kitchen. It was fearful of how much her cheeks were sunken in, and her limbs bony. You could tell that she'd been neglecting food for the past few days.

  That reminded Jack, how long had he been out?

   He didn't ask the question until both Iana and him were sitting down at the center island eating the turkey sandwhich's he'd whipped up.

  Iana froze for a second when Jack asked, looking down at her already half-eaten sandwhich.

  Damn she eats fast.