XLI. Separation and Reconciliation

XLI

Separation and Reconciliation

  Cassie was anxious to see Iana again. It was three weeks since the last time they saw each other, and that was before Prom.

  Mia, Iana, and herself have had video chats and phone calls together, but had not seen Iana in person. She said she wanted a week with just Jack, but Cassie knew it was more than that. The dreamy-er look in Iana's eyes when she talked about Jack told Cassie that something had blossomed between them.

  Something powerful and intimate.

  Mia had been acting differently too. She didn't spend much time with Cassie while Jack and Iana... rendezvoused. When Cassie would ask if she wanted to spend time with her, Mia would blush, look down, and say she was busy.

  Cassie had a strong feeling that Mia also had someone in her life now too.

  Now it was only Cassie who was alone. She, for the whole week of waiting for Jack and Iana to return, barely talked to neither her friends, parents, or anyone. She was lonely. She had no one to take care of her, and love her the way her friends have.

  All Cassie wanted now is for their group to be together again, to finish up high school with an excited BAM, and then spend the summer with everyone.

  Probably their last summer together.

  "Do we have to do this Mia?" Brandon whined. They'd been at the mall for almost four hours now, finding the things that Jack had asked for.

  "YES!!!!" Mia shouted, and Brandon rolled his eyes. Even though Cassie was the ever excited one of the three girls, Mia could be energetic in her own way too. When it came to doing favors for others that resulted in something romantic, she was all for it.

  Brandon had told Mia what she was to him a few days after she came out of the hospital and they got Iana back. She was a little surprised, but none the less happy, and admitted that she had a little crush on Brandon.

  But Brandon got a feeling that it was more than little.

  Jack had asked Mia to get a pair of sandals and a white dress for Iana. Then he'd asked Brandon to find him a nice button down shirt with some slacks and dress shoes. When Mia heard this, whatever it was about, she squealed in excitement.

  Brandon had no idea what the hell was going on, and Mia wouldn't tell him.

  "Can't we go separate ways to find what Jack asked us to get?" Brandon asked a desperate attempt to get out of Icy Temptations lingerie store. It only got him heated up that Mia was holding some none to covering articles of under garments.

  Mia sent Brandon a bored and scathing look, narrowing her eyes. "No," she said. "Unless you want to walk home, I suggest you sit your firm little ass down in that chair and wait."

  Damn, he'd forgotten they rode in her car.

  Brandon did as he was told, momentarily speechless at the words his... motherly soul mate just used. Mia was never the one to curse.

  I guess I bring out that side of her don't I? Brandon smiled when he thought about his soul mates partially fiery temper.

  He suddenly realized something. "Wait, did you just say that I have a firm little ass?"

  Mia made a harrumph noise, and went back to looking at the... garments.

  Now Brandon had two choices, 1. sit his... butt down and wait for them to leave this hell hole, or 2. leave and have to walk in the rain home.

  So he made a number three. Brandon smirked, and stood up from the weird looking pink couch. Mia looked at him suspiciously as he walked over to her, the same smirk on his face. Mia narrowed his eyes at him, and set the clothes down.

  "What're you doin' B?"

  Brandon's arms now enclosed Mia between him and the clothing table, securing no way out for her. He had his shoulder's hunched, meaning that their lips were a whisper apart. Brandon felt Mia shiver, and initiated goose bumps on the skin of his arms.

  Mia didn't know if she was lusted or weirded out by Brandon's actions. For 1. he was caging her in and 2. he had a look on his face that showed this was no innocent act. But the fact that his eyes held softness and he was constantly looking at her lips, as if he wanted to kiss her.

  She licked her lips, waiting for Brandon to make the first move, and the first move she wanted desperately involved his lips. After a moment’s hesitation coming from both of them, their lips were against each other in a soft fervor.

  A couple of minutes later, Brandon pulled his head back, and Mia opened her eyes, still partially dazed by their kiss.

  "What was that for?" Mia asked. She flushed as she heard how breathless her voice was.

  Brandon's lips moved to her ear, where he kissed then underside of it, then whispered, "unless you want to be kicked out of a lingerie store for very public affection, I suggest you let me do my thing."

  Oh he's rotten.

  "Fine," Mia huffed, and Brandon laughed, kissing her cheek before going off. His juicy ass was so pert as he quickly strolled out of the store.

  Mia shook her head in amusement, and looked back to the lingerie sets. If Jack wanted to get Iana a white dress, then Iana was also going to get some sexy lingerie.

  At quarter to three, Mia had three sets of white lingerie sets for Iana, and two for her. She might as well have some on hand since she now had someone. And that someone would definitely love what she bought.

  Mia bought the clothes, and left Icy Temptations. She was definitely going back there with the girls sometime.

  Not noticing what she passed, Mia walked along deep in thought. A million things were rushing through her head.

  Brandon told her about being her soul mate a week ago, and it felt like a lifetime ago that he'd told her. Mia's first reaction to it was shocked silence, she had stayed like that for a few minutes, staring at Brandon's chest as he held her.

  And that was what got Mia out of her trance, the way Brandon was holding her. The few times she'd had a boyfriend hold her, it was possessive, or so other guys would back off. Those boys never held her when they were alone, Brandon did.

  So over the week that they'd been together, they were as close as Iana and Jack are, if not closer. Their kisses were passionate, a flurry of tingly shocks running through their bodies. When they were alone, Brandon looked at Mia with such love and want. But he knew she wanted to wait, she'd told him, and he'd promised he'd wait for eternity for her.

  Even if it killed both of them.