XX. Important Things

XX

Important Things

     The glass that the Dark One shattered as he held it too tight in his vice grip.

     He grinned evilly, and wiped his wet hand on the silk chaise next to him.

     Never did he think this day would come, that the most important thing in the Universe has been found. Found by the new sense of power that swept over him at how strong the soul was and left himself breathless.

     Finally! He would be able to rip the heart of the human that holds that old soul he’s been seeking in each life. It was finally time too, that he could take that heart and eat it to gain eternal life to dominate the world and its bearers.

     “Maid! Get me my son!” The Dark One bellowed, “and clean up this mess! It’s absolutely horrid!”

      A minute later the maid came in saying the Dark One’s son is coming, and quickly cleaned up the mess of glass he made.

      “Father! What is it?” His son asked once he entered the parlor.

     Again, the Dark One grinned with his evil lips.

     His son, Hadean, knew this grin, and it only showed the one thing he wanted most with his father.

     “You found it?” Hadean questioned.

     The Dark One just grinned.

     “Where?”

     “We, my son, are going to America.”