Nine Months

Nine Months

  “Come on baby, hold on, we’re almost there,” Jack cooed, and held Iana’s hand. She was hissing at the pain, clenching her teeth and squinting her eyes tightly shut. All Jack wanted to do is take the pain away, leave Iana in pure emotionless euphoria so she wouldn’t have to go through this.

  But she had to go through this, because it was the birth of their daughter. The daughter that they’ve known about for almost nine years. They’ve been waiting for her, always excited when Iana took a pregnancy test, but it always showed that damn blue negative.

  Now, it was truly time.

  Iana hissed in pain as the car bounced on a bumpy road. Jack didn’t blame Tyler. Iana had screamed at her father to step on the gas and not stop until, ‘this baby is out and sleeping peacefully.’

  “Breathe Iana,” Jack whispered, and brushed back Iana’s sweaty forehead.

  “Jack?” Samantha asked, “is sissy going to be okay?”

  “Yeah, sissy’s giving you a niece, you excited Sammy?”

  Sam nodded her head enthusiastically, and smiled. When she found out she was going to be an aunty, she went to school and bragged to all her kindergarten friends.  It would be a little weird for Samantha though, having a niece only six years younger than her.

  But Jack had a feeling that it wouldn’t hold Sam and his daughter back from being really close.

  Iana groaned, and gripped Jack’s hand tight. It felt as if his hand would implode from the pressure, luckily, it didn’t.

  They got to the hospital a few minutes later, where everybody waited in the waiting room.

  “Come on Sammy, honey,” Cindy called out to her daughter, “let’s wait with the rest of them.”

  Sam latched onto Cindy’s hand, and they both sat down. Iana slouched down in a wheel chair, her protruding belly proud and large. Jack wheeled her down where the nurse led them, Tyler behind too.

  The nurse stopped at an archway with the sign maternity ward, and turned. They entered the room, and the nurse informed them that this was the room Iana would give birth in. So Jack and Tyler immediately set up the fluffy pillow and foot rest Iana insisted they bring.

  Besides, it was the only way to reduce her pain and glares for not bringing it. Luckily, they did.

  “Jack, we are never having kids again,” Iana clutched the collar of his shirt and pulled him until they were nose to nose, “do you understand me Frost?”

  Jack knew that it was just the pain talking, and that she didn’t mean it. They both knew that Elianna would be their only child. Iana received future visions that showed that Elianna was it for them.

  “I understand love,” Jack assured Iana, and she let go of his shirt, leaning back and closing her eyes.

  At around three in the afternoon, Iana began demanding an epidural and ice chips. When she was demanding, she was demanding.

  It’ll be over soon. Elianna will finally be in our arms sucking on her thumb.

  It was ten at night that Iana woke up from the nap that she fell into hours before. The doctor came in when she awoke and decreed that Iana was almost dilated enough to begin.

  An hour later, the doctor came back, checked Iana, and left to get prepped.

  Iana was beginning to sweat, and Jack worried that she was losing too much energy. They had figured out that the reason why Iana had more energy while in the sun was because of Elianna’s powers. Elianna had the power to create a sun like form, so Iana needed to absorb sunlight to help Elianna in her birth.