Six Years After

Six Years After

  “We are not going to Cabo St. Lucas for Christmas!”

  “Yes we are!”

  “No! Maybe for the summer, but not during Christmas. Are you out of your ever loving mind Cassie?”

  “Yes! I want to be able to live out my young years before I get fat from being pregnant! You are holding me from that Gracie!”

  “Hey! Are you calling me fat?”

  “Mia, you look perfectly fine with baby fat and swollen feet, but butt out. This is between Gracie and I. We are going to Cabo!”

  “You can go, but count me out!”

  “Girls!” Iana had had enough. She was tired, had a throbbing headache, and didn’t want to deal with her friend’s bullshit.

  “Jeeze Iana, did something crawl up your ass?”

  Iana sent Cassie a scalding glare, to which was returned with an amused glance.  Iana dropped her head into her hands. It was only ten AM in the morning for crying out loud, and they were already fighting.

  “You know, we could always go to Cabo and New York. It’s not like each one of us is poor and need a loan.”

  The girls squealed, and Iana immediately covered her ears in hope that their yelling wouldn’t deafen her.

  “I love you Iana, you have the best ideas!”

  “I’m not the best Cassie, I just don’t want yelling in my house anymore.”

  Warm arms wrapped around her waist, and Iana east into Jack’s chest. “Hey love,” he whispered. “Are you okay? I can feel you’re not well.”

  “I don’t know. I’ve just been feeling off. And with the girls yelling, it wasn’t helping either.”

  Jack laughed, “yeah, I heard when I woke up. “ Jack’s face went back to concerned. “You sure you’re okay?”

  Iana nodded, and kissed Jack lightly, before going back to what the girls where chattering on about.

  “Maybe we could start out going to Cabo and stay home for Christmas, then go to New York for New Years?” Skylar suggested, and the girls nodded in agreement.

  “I like that idea,” Iana chirped up, “now can you all shut up?”

  Jack scoffed in her ear, “such the legendary host.”

  “You love my hosting skills,” Iana flirted.

  “You know it love.” Jack nibbled on her earlobe, and she giggled.

  “Oi,” Gracie yelled, “are you two doing the hanky panky over there? I mean I get this is your house, but you do have visitors. So I would suggest you refrain from sexual activity before Mia gets sick from the sight.”

  “Hey, don’t use my pregnancy as an excuse!”

  “Oh God, I think Gracie got the vomiting part right.”

  Iana raced down the hall into the bathroom and kneeled in front of the toilet. Her stomach rolled, and Iana heaved up her breakfast.

  Jack came skidding in, and kneeled by Iana, holding her hair up as she upchucked everything.

  A couple minutes later, after her stomach stopped emptying, Iana leaned back against Jack’s comforting body, and closed her eyes.

  “Iana honey,” Mia piped up, “when was your last period.”

  Iana’s eyes snapped open, and she held up her fingers to count off.

  Her eyes widened. “Oh my god, it’s been two months!” Iana swiveled her head in Jack’s direction. “Do you know what this means?”

  Jack’s face had gone a shade of white, and he nodded, standing up, taking Iana with him.

  “I’ll go get the box,” he said, before running out of the bathroom. His footsteps were heard as he ran up the stairs into their en-suite bathroom.

  He came back seconds later with a pregnancy box in his hands. Iana took it from him and waited. None of them seemed to get the idea that she needed to be alone to do this.

  Iana coughed, and that seemed to get them out of the doorway. Jack gave Iana a quick kiss on the forehead, before shutting the door, leaving her be.

  Jack fiddled with his hands as he waited patiently with Iana in the kitchen. She didn’t show a hint of emotion as she took a sip of her extra chocolaty hot chocolate. She seemed to be the only one calm about this. The girls were more excited than her. Enthusing about having kids close in age so then they could be best friends or something.

  “Are you okay Iana,” Jack asked.

  Iana raised her eyebrow, looking at him, “I guess that’s why I felt off.”

  Jack nodded; he felt it underneath her skin for a couple days now. The feeling was, it was unusual, weird. It didn’t fit right with Jack.

  Iana was her normal self, laughing and being… well, her. But she was more tired at the end of each day, and liked to be in the sun more than usual. Jack thought that it was a change in her body, something to help mutate her immortality genes or something.

  Boy was he wrong.

  The beeper on the stove went off, marking the fifteen minutes they’d been waiting.

  But Iana did not move from her perch. She kept on sipping her hot chocolate, leaning against the counter with her legs crossed.

  Jack didn’t speak as he walked down the hall, dreading what the answer on the white stick would be.

  Jack’s mind was leaning in two places. One side wished that it would have the blue negative symbol on it. Not because Jack didn’t want the baby. No, because he wanted to prepare. The other side, wished for it to be the little pink plus, because he wanted Elianna to be born already. He wanted his baby girl in his arms.

  The door was large in front of Jack, as if it only gets bigger the closer he got. Which meant it was ginormous when he was directly in front of it.

  Here we go. Time to see if I’ll be a daddy.

  Little pink positive plus sign.

---------------------------

Iana and Jack's house is in the info sidebar!!!

P.S. there will be a few more chapters until Frost's Touch is finally done!