XXVI. Nerves

XXVI

Nerves

  “Iana, come on,” whines Cassie, pushing a grumbly Iana towards the dressing rooms, “you have to try it on!”

  The door slams as they lock Iana into the room, and she begrudgingly puts the dress on.

  It wasn’t a bad dress, it just didn’t speak out to her. The floor length gown would annoy Iana to death if she were to constantly step on it, and the sheer was almost transparent, which made her uncomfortable.

  She shook her head, and took the dress off. Both Cassie and Mia groaned when Iana came out of the dressing room without the dress.

  “Ugh, Iana, let me look again.” Iana places her hand on Mia’s shoulder, and shakes her head.

  “Let me look just this once, please.”

  Both girls sigh, and gesture her to go.

  Iana walked into a random row of beautiful dresses felt every one of them with her fingertips as she passed. Iana closed her eyes, and let her urges come to her. A pull drew her closer to a rack, and she moved her hand over the dresses until she felt the strongest one.

  Quickly, she pulled the hanger and ran to the dressing room, not paying attention to the girls calling out to her. Iana shut the door, hung the dress up, and counted to three.

  One…

  Two…

  Three…

  As she opened her eyes, she gasped.

  It was gorgeous!

  Iana rushed to put it on, and when she did, she didn’t go out to show the girls. No, she wanted a few minutes to herself with the dress.

  Looking in the mirror, Iana’s eyes tiered up.

  It had a strapless sweetheart neckline, and when it met the hips, it cinched to where it flared out into small ruffles. The top started out as a pure white color and as it fell to the hips blended to a soft shade of grey, and lower it was a pure onyx black.

  The dress reached mid-thigh, which Iana wasn’t too keen on but let slide because this was the dress.

  I walked back into the waiting area, and heard the gasps of both Cassie and Mia. They looked at her, then at each other, then squealed.

  “That’s it Iana! This is the one you have to buy it!” Cassie squealed.

  Iana looked around for the price-tag, and when she found if, her happy expression fell.

  “What’s with the long face,” Mia asked.

  “I can’t afford it,” Iana whispered, the tears back in her eyes.

  “Why? How much is it?”

  “Two hundred, I only brought a hundred.”

  Again the girls looked at each other, and when they looked back at Iana they had smiles on their faces.

  “We’ll chip in,” Cassie said, pulling out her credit card.

  “No!” Iana shouted, “You can’t do that! I should’ve known to bring more.”

  Both girls only shook their heads, “nonsense. That’s what best friends are for, right?”

  “Thank you,” Iana whispered, “so much. You guys are like my sisters.”