XLVI. Pop Goes the Question

XLVI

Pop Goes the Question

  “I really appreciate you guys doing this for me,” Jack says. Dean, Jason, and Brandon all pat Jack on the back and leave.

  It was only a few minutes until Iana would come out from the trees and spot what the guys and Jack did.

  A month. A whole month to find the clearing. One night when Jack and Iana were in bed, and she was sleeping, Jack saw something. He wouldn’t really call it a vision. More a projection of Iana’s memory. Since their souls are bound, they can occasionally see each other’s memories and thoughts.

  Jack held all the features of the clearing in his mind, because it was going to be important. It was important to Iana. With the way she smiled when she told him about the vision of them in the future with their daughter in that clearing, he definitely knew.

  Jack’s fists clenched when he heard the faint sound of leaves crunching. He didn’t want to use his powers to know exactly where Iana was. He wanted this to be as natural as possible.

  Except for when he reveals his surprise to Iana.

  He heard Iana’s intake of breath, and saw her at the edge of the trees.

  She was absolutely beautiful in the white dress. She looked gorgeous, powerful, wise.

  “Jack! What’s going on?”

  “Come here,” Jack urged, and Iana walked over to him. She had a look of recognition on her face, but he knew she didn’t remember.

  Iana stopped in front of Jack, and boy, did she make his heart beat fast.

  “Dance with me.”

  Iana raised an eyebrow. “We can’t dance with no music.”

  Jack placed his hand on Iana’s hip, and used his other one to take her hand. Without talking, he began swaying in circles. “You don’t need music to dance, love.”

  Jack made sure that they left the ground as soft and unnoticeable as possible. Soon, they were above the trees dancing in circles.

  Iana’s gasp let Jack no that she noticed they weren’t on the ground.

  “Jack, why are we here?” Iana asked, “I thought we were going out to celebrate or something?”

  He didn’t answer her, just relished in the feel of touching her, and kept on dancing. The moon was high and bright, lighting his view of Iana. She honestly looked like a divine otherworldly being. She looked fit to be the oldest soul.

  To be his soul mate.

  They dance for a while. Jack would occasionally twirl Iana around as if in an old fifties movie. There were silent words spoken between them. Ones that neither could understand, but could realize the meaning to them.

  When Jack had deemed that they danced enough, he slowly let them dance to the ground, until he felt the familiar crunch of leaves underneath.

  This is it Jack, he thought, this is the time. Do it.

  Do it.

  Jack let the snow start to softly fall. Little by little, snowflakes descended from the sky down to them.

  As they fell, Jack bent down on one knee, took Iana’s hand, and pulled out a worn looking box.

  Then he began.

  “Iana, I love you. My whole being and heart is for you, about you, and with you. You have seen the future. Our future. So you know that we will be together. For eternity, we will have each other.”

  Iana’s breath caught. Is he asking what I think he’s asking?

  Jack continued. “Our daughter was conceived out of our love. And I don’t want her to be conceived in the sin of your father’s eyes, and I got his permission. “

  Oh my god, he’s really going to ask!

  “What I’m saying is, I love you, and… will you marry me, Iana?”

  Silence followed his words for a few seconds after that. Iana was shocked to the core. Her whole body was in shock, her brain, her heart, everything.

  She knew she loved Jack. With all her heart did she love him. But was she ready? They literally just graduated high school today. IT was the start of adulthood. Was Iana really up for the challenge of getting married at such a young age?

  Suddenly, Iana knew the answer.

  “Yes. Oh my god yes Jack. Yes!”

  Iana hurled herself at Jack’s kneeling form, and tackled him to the ground, peppering his face with kisses. Pure excitement and joy poured from her into those kisses, especially when her lips captured his.

  “I love you,” Iana murmured, “I love you. I love you. I love you.”

  It was then that Iana felt cold little pinpricks on her skin. She looked up, and her eyes widened at the realization of snow.

  “It’s snowing? In June?” Iana yelped.

  “Just for you love,” Jack whispered against Iana’s neck, “just for you.”

  Jack pulled them both into sitting positions, and opened the ring box.

  Iana looked at the ring. It was a simple but beautifully perfect ring. The silver band had some sort of engravings in it and had little diamonds circling a good sized diamond.

  Just like the dress and the shoes, Iana fell in love with the ring the instant it was on her ring finger.

  “Oh Jack,” Iana breathed, “It’s so beautiful. It’s perfect. We’re perfect.”

  Jack pulled Iana into his arms. “Good,” I murmured into her hair, and it sent shivers down her spine, “I’m glad you like it.”

  Iana rested her head against Jack’s chest and closed her eyes. She reveled in the feel of Jack’s warm hands on her waist, his bare thumbs swirling circles into her skin.

  Wait? He didn’t have his gloves on?

  “How did you touch the ring without it freezing?”

  The swirling motion stopped, then continued again. “I guess when our souls combined it gave me the decision for using my powers. So now I can touch things without having to have my gloves on.”

  Iana huffed, “I like that I’m the only thing you can touch with your bare hands.”

  Jack laughed, and pulled her tighter against his body. “Love, the only two things that I’ll mostly be touching is you, and our baby.”

  Iana’s breath caught when Jack mentioned Elianna. The thought of him mentioning Elianna only confirmed their future together.

  And right now, their future was looking good.

  For the rest of the night, Iana and Jack danced, laughed, kissed, and loved each other. 

Our lives will always be like this. Together, we will be forever.