XIX. Cold Bed

XIX

Cold Bed

     Iana was angry at Jack for not agreeing to let her tell her dad. It was her dad, not his. She had a right to tell him something that is a life risker.

     But she was also experiencing the consequences of not being near Jack. Which was a extreme shivers and a killer headache.

     She had figured it out on the way home, that if she was away from Jack for long amounts of time, she would be cold.

     Extremely cold.

     Walking down the hall to the bathroom, she rubbed her arms to warm them up, though they never did. She needed Jack, bad. But she didn’t know how to get him to her. Iana didn’t have a mind reading gift.

     Though it would be handy.

     Iana stayed in the shower extra-long, keeping the water on its hottest. But even on its hottest, she was still shivering. It was as if it was an internal snow storm in her, it was restless, big, and it told her she would stay like this until Jack was touching her.

     It only seemed to get worse now that she was in the shower. Her whole body felt no warmth, felt no heat. And as Iana looked down at her body, she watched it slowly turn blue.

     Iana turned off the water, and quickly wrapped a towel around her body, hoping it would ward off the internal blizzard.

     Didn’t work.

     By the time she was dressed in her thickest sweat pants and a tank top, her breath was visibly coming out in white puffs. She was constantly sneezing now too, and she almost thought she had hypothermia, though she knew better.

     Crawling into the bed, she curled into a fetal position and burrowed into the thick comforter.

     The last thing Iana thought was of how sorry she was for yelling at Jack, and then she fell into a fitful sleep.

     Dear lord.

     Jack quickly climbed through the window and rushed to Iana’s side.

     She was shaking so much, and her blue lips were trembling. Every time she breathed white fog came out of her nose, the kind that you only have when it was freezing.

     Freezing.

     Iana was freezing.

     Jack stripped down to his boxers, and like lightning, was in the bed and wrapping his arms around his soul mate.

     Almost immediately Iana stopped shaking, and she curled closer towards Jack.   

     He stared at the ceiling for a while, contemplating why she was like this when he wasn’t there.

     Maybe it’s because the half of his soul that Jack doesn’t half needs the other? Maybe because there actual soul mates and Jack’s gone thousands of years without Iana?

     Whatever it was, it baffled him.

    And scared him too.

     If this is what happens to her when he’s gone for a couple of hours, what will happen if he can’t come to her?

     The only answer he knew was that she would die if he was gone long enough.

     Kissing Iana’s forehead, Jack buried his face in her neck, and inhaled her sweet scent. Roses and lavender.

     He remembered the prophecy, how it said her exact features, and that her whole life she was lonely. It was hard to believe though, she was so damn beautiful.

     At least it said that once she met him, they would be forever bound, when, he didn’t know.

     Jack thought back to when he was actually alive and not just… eternally there. He thought of his family, how he would pray to the God’s just to get his Matercula to stop hounding him to respect the people that made them. He smiled when he remembered his grey stallion, Cinereo.

     The last good memory Jack remembered was of him and his Matercula shopping through the markets and him buying her a necklace for her birthday.

     He never got to give it to her.

     Iana groaned, and turned so her back was to Jack’s chest. And from her bare shoulders, he could tell that her body temperature was rising slowly.

      All he had to do is stay with her.