XXXVII. Clones

XXXVII

Clones

  Something, whatever it is, is happening to Iana. She felt more powerful, and fulfilled. Her thoughts seemed to lighten and her mood brightened up.

  She didn’t know what was happening, but when she started singing to Jack, she felt it. That weightless giddy feeling that makes you want to yell out in joy.

  Light enveloped her figure, and for a moment, Iana couldn’t see anything because of it. She squinted her eyes at the brightness, hoping it would fade away. Though the light did not fade, Iana knew what was past its barriers.

  Jason and… Jack, were looking in astonishment. Their mouths gaped open as they were frozen in shock at what they were seeing. But all Iana wanted was to be able to push the light away and run into Jack’s arms.

  “Jack!” She yelled. He didn’t hear. She repeated his name a couple more times, but he still did not hear.

  The feeling of lightness increased, and Iana felt dizzy. She fell to the ground in a moment of weakness, and though Jack was near, it did not stop the incessant shivering that overtook her body.

  The second her knees touched the cold wood, Iana was overtook in warmth. Arms wrapped around her figure, and she burrowed in the warmth that was holding her. The shivering stopped immediately, and Iana felt tons better than a few minutes ago.

  Though she still felt the strength and power, she still felt herself.

  “Oh Iana,” Jack whispered into his love’s hair. Finally, finally, he got to touch her again, to feel the soft endless plains of her skin, and the smell of her hair. “I’ve missed you so.”

  “Me too,” Iana whispered, “so, so much Jack.”

  Jack clutched Iana tighter to him. He was almost afraid that if he held her too loose, she would be ripped from his grasp.

  “Uh, Jack? Iana?” Jason said behind them, and Jack faced him. Guards, geared up with fatal looking weapons, were slowly circling around them.

  In seconds Jack was up and in a defense position with Iana behind him. The only thing that mattered right then was that Iana would not be taken from Jack. Not now, not ever.

  The air around Jack was static with ice shocks, and everybody but Iana backed up cautiously. Instead of moving back, Iana stood next to Jack, taking his hand in her own and giving it a light squeeze of reassurance.

  Jack remembered that she’s not as fragile as she was when she was kidnapped. She’s received her powers, fully. And Jack will never forget the image of Iana air born in a white circle of light. It was beautiful to see her change.

  Her hair only got more luminescent. Her lips, more full and blood red.  Her skin was of the finest threaded gold, perfectly tanned to flawlessness. Those eyes… the sea didn’t hold anything close to how blue and pure they were. Not only those, but her figure also filled out. Her hips became more curvaceous, her arms more lined with muscle, and her legs more soft and shiny.

  Jack broke out of his daze, and went back to staring deadly at the guards surrounding the three. Again, the air around Jack and Iana went up in ice shocks. But now that Iana was holding his hand, the shocks were more intensified.

  “Iana,” Jack whispered, and she turned to look at him. “Don’t show that you’ve come into your powers. They’ll use it against you.”