XLIV. Congratulations

XLIV

Congratulations

  “Congratulations class of 2013, you are now officially adults!” Stacey, Dean’s ex, and valedictorian/student council president/principle’s daughter, said.

  The graduation caps were thrown, cheers were heard, and clapping was sounded.

  Iana threw her cap up, and Jack did too. They finally rid high school and had their diploma’s, ready to begin college.

  Jack pulled Iana against him and kissed her long and hard. More cheers were sounded when they saw the intimate show of affection.

  After that, it was a flurry of hugs and congratulation talks.

  Their graduation officially ended around one in the afternoon, and only a few other people were still at the school by the time their group left.

  Since their graduation wasn’t held in the afternoon to where it would end at nightfall, they all headed out to lunch at a fancy Italian Restaurant.

  Tyler had pre-requested for a big room to be reserved for them, since everyone brang their families. Jack was the only one who didn’t bring family, but that didn’t matter, because his family was already there with him.

  “J, what do you want to drink?” Iana asked, bumping Jack out of his previous thoughts.

  Jack looked up to the waiter. “Uh, ice water, please?”

  The waiter took the rest of their orders, and after five minutes, left.

  “You okay?” Iana asked, and put her hand on his arm.

  Now I am.

  “Yeah,” Jack smiled, and quickly placed a kiss on Iana’s lips, “just thinking.”

  “About what?”

  Jack shrugged, “everything. I’m just skimming along my thoughts.”

  That wasn’t really true. Jack was scared as hell. Tonight’s the night that he’s going to ask, and for the life of him, keeps thinking that Iana’s going to refuse.

  She won’t, I know she won’t.

  A couple minutes later, the waiter came back with all their drinks, and they ordered. It took a while, since there were so many people to order.

  “So Gracie,” Iana started, and Jack tuned in, “when are you two getting married.”

  Jack saw Gracie and Hadean share a loving look, before she answered. “We’re thinking at the end of the summer. I’ve always wanted to go to Canada, so we decided to have the wedding there.”

  There was a chorus of ahh’s across the table, and Jack held in the eye roll when he saw some of the older ladies eyeing up Hadean.

  “That sounds nice!” Mia chirped in, “You guys should do it in one of the gardens there. I heard that they’re beautiful.”

  Gracie gasped, “that’s actually a great idea!”

  All the girls started talking about Gracie’s wedding plans, while the guys themselves began to talk too.

  “You sure you want to ask her?” Jason questioned. “Ow! What was that for Ma?”

  Mrs. Stokes glared at her son, and bopped him upside the head again. “Of course he’s sure!” She hissed. “Can’t you see child? They’re in love. Gosh, can’t you find someone as catching as Iana? Go find some love Jason! I want grandbabies!”