XXXIX. The Secret's Out

XXXIX

The Secret’s Out

  Jack silently groaned, feeling the soreness in his chest as he slowly woke from his sleep.

  What happened to me?  He asked himself.

  Jack touched his chest where the soreness was at, right over his heart, and as his fingers touched skin, he found a bumpy surface. Jack knew by the feel that it was a scar, and as he touched it, his memories came back.

  Iana kidnapped. Finding her. Barron. Knife. Dying. Kissing Iana. Dead. I died?

  He groaned again, but not by soreness, by the fact that Iana had to go through him dying. He remembered when his horse had died, when he was a normal boy. He was devastated, and cried for days, going rogue in the forest. It was when he accidentally hurt himself when he came to his senses. But Jack knew that the pain he felt probably didn’t light a candle to the pain Iana had.

  A moan/sigh came from his right, and that sound alone sent shivers down his spine. Jack turned his head, and found a sleeping Iana next to him. He didn’t realize he was in her room until he saw her.

  Though it happened, Jack regretted dying because of Iana. Her eyes had dark sunken bags under them, and her cheeks were gaunt, like she’d not been eating. Her hair held very little shine compared to before she was kidnapped.

  Iana was so, very close to Jack’s lying form, and all he wanted to do at that moment is kiss her, but he held back. By the way she looked, she needed the sleep. Her eyes told Jack that she’d probably stayed awake waiting for Jack to wake up. How long he didn’t know.

  Again Iana moan/sighed, and she subconsciously curled herself toward Jack. She threw her arm over his waist, and tucked her head into his neck.

  Her breath was hot on his skin, and Jack held in the urge to turn his head so their lips met. Instead, he lightly kissed her forehead. That action alone stirred Iana, and Jack stilled.

  She’s awake.

  “Jack?” Her voice spread goose bumps over his skin, even though he was under the covers with Iana.

  In a split second Iana was hovering over Jack. Literally hovering over him, like he was able to do.

  A new power?

  “Oh my god,” she breathed, cupping his face. “You’re awake. You’re awake!”

  Once again, Jack groaned as Iana hugged him tight to her body.

  “Don’t ever do that again!” Iana whispered into Jack’s chest, “I love you so much. It would definitely kill me next time if you die.”

  Jack hugged her back just as fierce, happy to finally have her in his arms again without the threat of anybody in the same room as them. “I won’t.” He whispered.

  Jack pulled back to see Iana’s face, in which held tears and a closed mouthed smile. “What happened, when I died?”

  He thought that question would make her smile drop. But alas, her teeth started showing, and Jack was surprised when Iana full on open mouthed kissed him.

  “It was so beautiful Jack,” Iana breathed, and she placed her hand on his chest, right where his scar was. Her other, free hand, pulled down her shirt to the top of her breast, and showed a similar, almost identical scar.

  “How did you get that Iana?”

  “Our souls,” Iana stopped talking for a second, her eyes glazed over, as if deep in thought. “My soul wanted, out, so I cut my chest, and there it was, so bright and pure. Your soul came out of your knife would, and they just, circled each other for a few minutes, and when they touched, it was blinding to look anywhere. The others, Dad and them, were blown away by the force”