XXV. Warm Globes of Ice

XXV

Warm Globes of Ice

  “Momma! Momma!”

  Iana looked around, seeing a clearing full of blue roses and white daises.

  “Momma!” The little girl shouted again. Iana searched frantically for the little girl, feeling that she cared for her.

  Her eyes settled on a girl running towards Iana. She looked to be four or five dressed in a white dress.

  The little girl radiated love and adoration as she barreled into Iana’s body.

  Iana looked at the girl confused, “whose your momma?” She asked the girl.

  She giggled and pecked Iana on the cheek, “you silly Mommy!”

  Iana took a moment to look at the little girl in a amazement, she was absolutely beautiful. Her hair was long and fell to her waist in soft natural curls and shined a radiant blackish brown. The little girls nose was the most perkiest button Iana had ever seen and curved up at the end.

  Just like her own nose.

  What had Iana breathless was the little girls eyes, they were the most greenest eyes she’d ever seen! They had flecks of neon blue in them and made the girls eyes glow a brilliant color.

  This girl, was her daughter?

  “What is your name?”

  “Mommy,” the girl giggled again, “you know it! My name is Elianna. Remember? Because Daddy’s powers are for winter, mine are for the summer. See?”

  Elianna looked around and she ran over to a rose that wasn’t blossomed yet. Elianna bent over and with a touch of her finger, the blue rose uncurled and blossomed with dozens of petals that were the perfect shape.

  Iana was astonished.

  “Remember Mommy, because you said the name Elianna meant ‘daughter of the sun.’”

  Iana motioned for Elianna to come closer, and the little girl complied, though sitting on Iana’s lap and cuddling closer.

  “So, Elianna, where is Daddy?” Iana asked, hoping for the answer she so desperately wanted.

  Elianna looked up at Iana, smiling cheekily before looking behind her and pointing. Elianna jumped out of Iana’s lap and took off behind Iana. She turned to see Elianna jump into the arms of a man.

  “Daddy!” Elianna yelled, kissing the man’s cheek.

  The man stood up from his crouching position, and took Elianna’s hand as they walked toward Iana. Iana turned fully towards them, and the motion made her realize she was wearing a dress. It went down to her knees and was a black sheer, beautiful.

  The man and Elianna got closer, and before Iana knew it, they were in front of her.

  Iana looked up into the eyes of Jack. Oh his gorgeous and electric blue-green eyes. How they mesmerized her very being.

  “Daddy,” Elianna whispered, and they both looked down at their daughter.

  Wait, she was their daughter?

 Jack bent down to Elianna’s level, and she whispered something in his ear. His face splinted into his beautiful smile, and he picked Elianna up.