XV. Affections and Defections

XV.

Affections and Defections

     The way Jack’s hand held her cheek where his thumb was lazily moving across her skin made Iana feel relaxed. They held each other’s gazes for what felt like forever. And during that time, Iana could see something change in Jacks electric irises. Was that- love? Adoration?

      The thought that Jack could feel that way for her made her heart pick up its pace erratically and made her breath short out. It was amazing that her father was finally coming too, it would be near impossible that someone else could deeply care for her.

           Key word, nearly.

     “Iana,” Jack whispered, and kissed her forehead before speaking again, “you already have my soul, I am a part of you forever. You are the only thing that is not affected by my frost. You say that when I touch you, I’m warm. I haven’t been warm in thousands of years. The curse was meant to keep me from you, and instead, it brought me to you. You are everything to me, and I will do everything to make you happy and protected.”

     More tears fell down Iana’s face, and Jack wiped them off her cheeks. She gave him a watery smile, sniffled, and hugged him.

     Hugged him.

     She could feel the shock coming off of Jack’s body, stiffening his limbs slowly until they relaxed and he reciprocated the hug. Hugging her with the same strength she used, only tighter. His body felt so warm and alive. And she reveled in the fact only she could feel this. But also at the same time felt the pain of him not being able to touch anything without freezing it for thousands of years. It was amazing that he went on everyday living just to find her.

     “I should probably tell you my last name now.”

    The comment made Iana snort loudly and un-lady like as she answered, “yeah that would be good.”

    “This is also probably going to shock you too,” he hinted, and she looked at him expectantly, “it’s Frost.”

    “Frost?” She asked, and thought for a moment, her eyes widening, “as in Jack Frost?”

    Jack grinned, “the one and only!”

    Iana never felt that coming. He was Jack Frost! Keeper of the cold! Winter’s companion! It- he was one of the stories that her father told her about before he crawled into himself. How Jack Frost would roam Earth on the lands during winter to make snow and little children happy. He inspired them to come out and play. He helped them make snow men and ice castle and igloos! He created the snow for her snow fights when she was little!

     He was here with her now!

     The thought made Iana’s eyes tear up again, and she quickly blinked it all away.

      He still doesn’t know about your old soul though! A tiny voice said in the back of her head. It was right, she would have to tell him, it was only fair. He told her about him and now it was her turn.

      This was going to be fun. Not.

     “Jack?” Iana started, “I-I have something to tell you.”

     He pulled away from her slightly, and smiled, “whatever it is Iana, you can tell me, we’ll get through it if it’s bad.”

     Breathed, Iana pulled all the way from Jack, and quickly mulled over what she was going to say.

     Let’s just get it all out, she thought.

    “Well, be-before you came, my Mom, came to me in a dream.”

    “Isn’t she alive?”

    She gulped, shaking her head and clenching her fists.

    “Sorry,” whispered Jack, and he placed his hand over hers, and it shot comfortable warmth through her hand.

    “She came to me, while I was sleeping, and s-she told me some things.”

    “Okay… and what did she tell you?”

    Here we go.

    “This is the hard part to tell you,” and Iana waited a couple seconds before going again, “she, she said that there are things more dangerous than us that I am in danger of crossing paths with in the future.”

     He laughed at that. Why was that funny?

    “Iana, those things look like your average human and don’t do any harm to anybody unless they have a problem. They are everywhere, and if you look close enough, you’d see.”

     Oh.