Preview

Hey fans! This is just a preview of 'The Power of Death' to rile you guys up!

The familiar two story brick house stood as it did almost twelve years ago. The grass, the color of the bricks, everything, was the same. The only thing not there was the sight of toys littering the lawn.

Thanatos blew out the breath he’d been holding, and cursed himself.

It’s been so long since I last came here, he thought, will she even remember me?

The last time Thanatos was near Wyandotte, Kansas was five years ago when he came to check up on the Frost family.

It was Thanksgiving, around lunch time, and Thanatos kept in the shadows, too afraid that Elianna would remember him and never want him to leave.

But alas, Elianna never caught him watching her as she played with her friends. She was thirteen at the time, braces and all. Even through the seven years that had passes since he’d last seen her as a child, Thanatos still remembered that her hair was as naturally curly as ever, and her eyes as shocking as the shining ice glaciers he’d seen at both poles.

Thanatos had left minutes after he’d seen Elianna. He didn’t want to risk staying and going to her.

If that were to happen, he’d never be able to let her go. And if he didn’t let her go, the sides of good and evil would be tipped of balance, in either’s favor.

As long as Elianna and Thanatos did not touch, speak to each other, or let her know he was near, everything would be in order.

Without hesitation, Thanatos strode up the driveway to the back door and into the kitchen, where Iana or Jack were usually cooking or getting food.

Jack sat at the table watching the flat screen on the wall as two football players tackled each other.

“It’s good to see you again Nate,” Jack commented, not even looking at the person looming behind him.

“Likewise, old friend.”

Jack muted the television, and stood up. They hugged manly, and let go of each other.

“Why are you here?” Jack asked, a curious lilt in his voice.

“I need you, Iana and Cindy’s help, it depends on us three,” he admitted, just as Iana walked in.

“Thanatos, what a pleasant surprise,” she wryly said, setting down the grocery bags she had in her hands.

“Not now love,” Jack warned and turned back to Thanatos, determination set in his eyes, “why do you need our help?”

“Lillian’s back.”

The sound of slamming cabinets silenced, and a second later Iana had Thanatos up against the wall, her finger holding him up from the ground.

“What?”

“Lillian is back, and she’s here for you, and Elianna.”