VI. Foretold

VI

                                                                               Foretold

     He knew where she was! He knew it!

     Though he wasn’t sure if she would actually be there or not.

     When he woke up that morning he had thought real hard on what places she could be that he hadn’t checked. It clicked as he was flying through the clouds and looked down to see a high school.

     Jack walked into Wyandotte High dressed as a normal teenager. He had taken some clothes from a department store down the road to fit in. His clothes that he usually wore weren’t… current. His clothes never got dirty, for some odd apparent reason, so the last time he had updated his wardrobe was almost thirty years ago.

    Jack looked around, trying to find what he had heard as the “office,” until he heard a voice behind him.

    “Well, well, well, don’t you look new and fine as hell.”

    He turned around to see a girl shorter than him, but with an hourglass figure.

     The girl looked closer at him, surprised to see his eyes. They were a mix between a light blue and black, like the frost he spread.

     “You are new, right?” The girl asked. He nodded. “Well I’m Gracie Alistair.”

     Gracie held out her hand to shake his, but he didn’t.

     Flustered, Gracie pulled her hand back and continued talking.

     “I can show you the office, but in return for something back.”

     “Like what?” he asked. Jack was confused by the look she was giving him. Her eyes roaming his body with a hungry gaze that made Jack repulsed to be even near her.

     “Oh, you know,” she waved, “some fun.

     The way she said fun and licked her lips after concluded in Jack shaking his head, “thanks, but I’ll find it.”

     Gracie’s cheeks flushed, “okay, well, if you need anything, just come find me.”

     With that, she walked away leaving a bunch of guys staring at her backside.

     Who would ever want that, he thought, when you could have so much better.

     Eventually, he reached the office.

     “Excuse me,” he said, and the lady at the front desk looked up, “I’m, I’m here for the student tour.”

      The lady looked at him closely, determining something. What, he didn’t know. Finally she nodded.

      “Name?”

     The question took Jack back a bit, it had been hundreds of years since someone had asked for his name, and that alone did not go down well.

     But what should he say? His real name, or a fake one?

     “Jackson… Frost.”

     The lady looked skeptical, but the way Jack’s face must show the truth did her in. She sighed, asked him the appropriate questions, and gave him a school pass. He made sure not to touch the lady, but when he touched the card, it immediately froze in his hands. Luckily, the lady was already back on her computer playing solitaire and waiting for the next person to come up to her.