XXIX. Gone

XXIX

Gone

  “For the last time Iana,” Cassie shrieked, throwing up her hands, “I am sorry that I mistook you bumping uglies with Jack!”

  “It made my Dad go after him!”

  Cassie rolled her eyes, and took a deep, “Iana, can we please stop fighting about how your Dad attacked your boyfriend and continue getting ready for Prom?”

  Iana sighed, defeated. When Cassie shouted that they were ‘doing the dirty’ Tyler went ballistic and chased Jack all around the house. He kept on mumbling how he would kill Jack and was constantly calling him a douche jock, whatever that was about. Iana had to threaten her Dad with Cindy if he didn’t stop chasing Jack around.

  She could tell Cindy has become a big part of Tyler’s life, because when she mentioned her name in her threat he immediately stopped chasing Jack. By the way Tyler’s eyes shown with… love, you could tell he fell hard for Cindy.

  It wouldn’t be surprising to Iana if in the future, near or far, that she’d have to start calling Cindy Mom. Tyler and her were inseparable, always going out on dates and-ahem- sleeping over at each other’s houses. This was one of the reasons her Dad didn’t find out about Jack staying until earlier that week.

  Now, he was waiting downstairs with Cindy, awaiting the girls as they ready themselves for prom.

  The girls, Iana, Cassie and Mia, were in Iana’s bedroom, worrying over each other. Mia was curling Cassie’s hair as Cassie was doing Iana’s makeup, in which Iana strictly said to make light and natural. She didn’t want to be a similar figure towards Gracie, all caked with the prosthetic eyelashes and tubes of lip stick slicked onto her lips.

  The inner turmoil was almost unbearable as Iana wait to see Jack. Not only that but only after twenty minutes of not being in the same room as him she started to shiver slightly.

  It’s been an hour.

  Her fingers shake with the need to be near Jack, and Iana clenches her teeth to suppress her tears of pain.

  “Your teeth are going to be nubs by tomorrow if you don’t stop grinding’em girl,” Cassie scolds, shaking her head disapprovingly.

    Iana eases her jaw a little, though still clenching.

  Only a little while, she thought hopefully, then I can be warm with him again.

  “Done!” Cassie shouts happily, and throws the makeup back into her bag.

  A few seconds after that Mia repeats the same thing, and turns off the wand curler.

  Iana walks to her wall mirror, and looks into it. Immediately she smiled, loving the way she looked. One side of her hair pulled back, and the other curled to perfection in loose ringlets. Her make up a light sheen of silver and blue, with a light rose lip gloss to let her lips shine. The way her eye shadow melded together made her eyes glow bright and happy, again she smiled.

  Turning around she hugged her best friends, thanking them for what they’ve done.

  All three walk down the wide stairs together, arms linked, and right as they hit the bottom step flashes come from the doorway. Cindy and Tyler stand with cameras in their hands, smiling at the girls.

  “You look truly beautiful girls,” Cindy gushes, taking a few more photos as she speaks.

  “Thank you,” Mia says.

  Tyler hugs Iana tight, “right now it takes everything not to cry from how beautiful you are and being a splitting image of your mother.”

  Tears brim Iana’s eyes, but she pushes them away as she thanks her father. She felt truly happy at that moment. Though with the happiness came the same dread she felt at the mall.