XXX. Needed

XXX

Needed

  Groggy and disoriented, Iana opened her eyes, and immediately regretted it. The brightness of the lights made her shut her eyes the minute they opened.

  Where was she? What happened?

  The throbbing in her head made her try to touch the pain, but something held both her arms, and for that matter, legs too. Looking down she saw rope tied to a chair in which held her wrists and ankles tight. Iana could tell she tried to move in her slumber because when she shifted her wrists ached and tiny blood lines trailed down her fingers.

  She stared at her blood precariously, not thinking, not moving, just staring. The last time she’d seen her own blood was when her Dad taught her how to ride a bike and she fell, skinning her knee. Tyler held her, kissing her injury and saying with a kiss it’ll be alright. Now that she thought about it, a fresh wave of tears overwhelmed her as she thought about her Dad.

  What would he think of happened. What happened to Cassie and Mia? Where they alive?

  Does Jack know?

  Thinking about Jack let her realized she was shivering. Not the little fear shivers, the whole body racking shivers. It only meant she’s been away from Jack for more than a couple of hours, any more and she’ll be emptying the contents of her stomach.

  Again her eyes brimmed with tears, some falling down her cheeks.

  The door Iana never saw opened, and in came a young man dressed in a pin-striped suit, his blonde hair slicked back and his tie perfectly folded. His piercing brown gaze never left hers as he closed the door and pulled a chair up in front of Iana.

  “Why am I here?” Her voice cracked, and she realized just how thirsty she was.

  The man chuckled, and rubbed his jaw as if in thought. He pointed at Iana and again chuckled, shaking his head smirking.

  “You know how long my Father has looked for you?” His British accent surprised Iana, who was expecting him to be what he looked like, an American Upper-classman who worked in a multi-billion dollar company that sold tooth paste or foreign trades, not a Englishman.

  Iana didn’t answer him as she just stared dubiously at him. She didn’t like how this guy cockily talked to her as if she was just a grain of wheat.

  “Every life he entered was spent trying to find you, well not you, but your soul. He heard about your soul in the tenth century. He was freshly named a Lord and newly married to the Dutch’s daughter. Some old men at a pub were talking about how the ‘Old One’ was near and would be reborn. He heard, and grew interested, spending his time at a Sorcerer’s home learning about this soul. He became infatuated with your soul, how innocent it looked,” he stopped talking and eyed her from head to toe, “you fit the bill."

  Iana turned her head away in disgust, feeling violated and scared. This man was very intimidating to her, especially when he looked at something other than her eyes. A shiver rolled up Iana’s body, and she didn’t know if it was from being away from Jack or disgust.

  “He lost everything because of your soul, he searched for the human that stored the ‘Old One’ until his wife left him for another, and he lost his money.” The man scowled at Iana, “he stopped, and gained back his pride and title, scraped himself another wife who actually didn’t leave this time, though died later one, and restarted his life. But almost twenty years later with grandchildren and all, someone talks about your soul again.”

  The man starts shaking his finger while pointing at Iana, and his jaw clenches tight, almost as if something he wanted to say was trying it’s best to find its way out of his mouth.