XLV. Pretty

XLV

Pretty

  “Mia, Cassie, why are you guys dressing me up like I’m a Barbie doll?”

  Cassie and Mia shared a look, before going back to messing with Iana’s hair and makeup. Iana groaned, glaring at both of them for not answering any of the questions she’s asked.

  “Seriously, why are you guys doing this?”

  Mia was the one who answered. “It’s graduation. We gotta celebrate.”

  “Duh,” Cassie said, still focusing on Iana’s makeup.

  “Okay, something’s off. We would have planned this before doing it. Why haven’t I known we were going to celebrate.”

  Cassie shrugged, “we just decided. I don’t want to be at home the night of graduation. That would be boring and unappealing to the single man’s eye.”

  “Uh Cassie, you’re not single,” Mia said.

  “Oh yeah! Right! Then were just going out to celebrate!”

  Something still didn’t sound right to Iana. Usually, she knew everything that they did.

  Something is definitely up.

  “Done!” Cassie shouted, and backed away, looking at her work before leaving the room.

  “Same here,” Mia stated, and set down her wand curler.

  Cassie comes back in with a bag and a white dress on a hanger.

  “What’s with the Virgin Mary dress?”

  Again Cassie shrugs, “we bought it because we thought it would look good on you.”

  Iana rolled her eyes, giving up on finding out what was going on. “Whatever,” she muttered glumly.

  Mia pulled Iana up off of the bed, took the dress and bag from Cassie, gave it to Iana, and pushed her towards the door.  “Go,” she urged, “go change. Scatter, go, whatever, just be in those clothes by the time we have to leave.”

  Cassie too gave her a push, and pushed until she was nose to door with the bathroom.

  “We’ll be downstairs lovely!” With that, the two were pushing each other down the stairs.

  Wait, if we’re celebrating, then why haven’t they changed?

  Iana shrugged her thoughts off, and entered the bathroom.

  Before she changed, Iana looked in the mirror to see what Cassie and Mia had done.

  Her makeup wasn’t overdone or poppy of any sort. Cassie had made her makeup a whimsical glittery white. Her eye shadow had a silvery glint that sparkled in the light, and her lips were glossed a light pink, and her cheeks had a rosy pink blush. Combined with her hair, which was in a softly curled up-do, it looked as if Iana was there, but not really of the Earth.

  Man, with the dress on, I bet I’d look extraterrestrial.

  Iana, curious with what was in the bag, looked.

  “Seriously Cassie!”

  The bag held a white lacy lingerie set that would fit a prostitute better than Iana.

  “It wasn’t me! It was Mia dearest!” Iana heard Cassie yell from down the stairs.

  Grudgingly, Iana pulled on the tight panties and strapless bra, self-conscious of what she looked like. Iana didn’t bother looking in the mirror once she pulled the lingerie set on, instead she immediately pulled the dress on.