IV. At Sunrise

IV

                                                                             At Sunrise

     Jack had lost the melody when he reached the town of Wyandotte, Kansas. He had searched everywhere, every house and every apartment. He looked in stores and places people would go, but he could not find her.

     He had made sure no one would see him. That was one of the good things about his curse, with a blink of an eye he could become invisible.

      It was almost midnight when he gave up looking for her. He had decided to rest and start again tomorrow. With that, he found the nearest tree branch and slumped against it.

     He vowed to himself, that he would search for her until he found her. He would protect her and love her with his whole being. After all, this girl was the only thing on earth for thousands of years not to be frozen by Jack’s touch. She would be the end to his curse and the beginning to his actual life.

     He thought what she would look like, blonde or red. Dark or light. Blue or brown. Tall or short. No matter what, he didn’t care about her appearance. He cared about what was inside that made her special to him.

     He fell asleep thinking of the life they were going to have, and when he opened his eyes to the sunrise on the horizon, he began searching for her again.